Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Riding Techniques & Training

Riding Techniques & Training Increase Riding Skill, Physical and Mental Training, Weight Loss.

View Poll Results: Who is to blame if you crash into a slower or stuck rider?
Their fault for being an unnatural obstacle. 0 0%
Your fault for not being vigilant. 19 63.33%
Both #1 and #2. 0 0%
None of the above because Sh*t happens. 12 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-29-2015, 01:41 AM

Thats funny

Old 05-29-2015, 06:16 PM

It has been my experience that the fast guys (A and AA) with a good head on their shoulders will pass at their leisure when a good (and safe) opportunity presents itself. They will let you know that they are there by showing tire, or I have heard some low key whistling. They understand that you will get out of their way when the opportunity presents itself. The irresponsible guys will get irate and start yelling at slower riders, which usually makes both riders make a quick move. The slower rider to get out of the way, and the passing rider, being impatient, will make a quick move to pass. 50/50 chance they both break in the same direction and there may be a collision.
Old 05-29-2015, 07:37 PM

Quote:
OK. Lets say your in an event and you crash into another rider, slower, has mechanical failure or is stuck in a bog hole etc.
Who's fault is it.
Naturally there are variables to your posed scenario lets say if you are broke down on the trail and the passing rider has plenty of time to see you and make a clean pass and yet they run into you then they messed up by forcing the issue or what ever their problem was but say you are stuck in a mud hole and there is no way around you but through you then you need to realize this and make every effort to make room even if you have to jump out of the way then come back and wrestle with your bike and if you choose to stay in the way and get hit i'm saying your bad or say you break down in a tight thick section where you are on the blind side of a turn and you can't get going and you know the passing rider is coming fast and he won't be able to see or hear you and he rounds the turn and hits you then that's clearly your fault you should be aware and jump off and run back to warn him then after the pass is made get to work on moving it and repeat until you get moving cause usually during an enduro 4 or 5 bikes are on the same row so you should know you are going to get passed by the whole row of bikes.

Slower riders, stuck riders or broken down riders I think they have the greater portion of the burden on them to give room when on the trails to any rider that has caught up to them, they caught them and are wanting to pass you and you need to do everything in your power to give plenty of room so no one does get hit.
Old 05-29-2015, 07:46 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasgasxc View Post
Agreed.
In the racing world I live in experts dont take out amatuers.The better rider is 100% responsible for taking out a slower, less skilled, tired, injured, frustrated, bent bike ,whatever rider, he sets the tone for a given situation.
Also how you pass and the ettiquette you use to pass will go a long ways.Revving the engine, yelling or hounding a rider(usually when they cant get over anyway) is all B.S and will only lead to problems eventually
And the truly faster rider will get around him easily.
Also dont go all out just to pass a guy or two then drop off the pace and get caught.Make it stick.

Slower riders have a right to race also.They should be passed where both riders can maintain as much pace as is feasibly possible.
Agreed. I shoot at yelling screaming assholes. Patient and respectful, I applaud.
Old 05-29-2015, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob 'Berg View Post
It has been my experience that the fast guys (A and AA) with a good head on their shoulders will pass at their leisure when a good (and safe) opportunity presents itself. They will let you know that they are there by showing tire, or I have heard some low key whistling. They understand that you will get out of their way when the opportunity presents itself. The irresponsible guys will get irate and start yelling at slower riders, which usually makes both riders make a quick move. The slower rider to get out of the way, and the passing rider, being impatient, will make a quick move to pass. 50/50 chance they both break in the same direction and there may be a collision.
This essentially my take, on this issue. It's also very reassuring when the "faster/more experienced racer" actually checks to make sure "I'm" not injured, after a spill.