Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 11:36 AM
Banned

Got some clarification on the carb today. There will be a 38mm carb on the 2012s. The wrong model carb is on the Spanish site. That should be corrected soon.

Old 10-13-2011, 06:05 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
Got some clarification on the carb today. There will be a 38mm carb on the 2012s. The wrong model carb is on the Spanish site. That should be corrected soon.
You answered the question I've been meaning to ask Thanks Clay!
Old 10-18-2011, 08:30 PM

Default PV cover on 2012

Will the US model have the PV cover on the left side like the previous models? Because looking at different pictures I have seen some with and some with out the cover. The picture on ggor.us doesn't have the cover same with the UK website. But on the Spain website there is a cover and the wallpaper pictures of Ivan Cervantes on the new 2012 has the cover. Just wondering how different the 2012 is from the 2011
Old 10-25-2011, 10:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon_gasgas View Post
Hi!

Could you Clay say something about the 2012 EC125? Why it takes so much longer to announce than the 250/300? Will there be a completely new engine together with the new frame and plastics?

Thanks in advance!

Leon
Leon,
It is my understanding that the 125 gets the same type frame but I assume it will be smaller. Honestly I haven't been too concerned with the 125 because we don't intend to bring them into the US. We still have some 11s in stock. Sales on the 125 have been slow.
Clay
Old 10-25-2011, 10:37 AM
Banned

Yesterday I got an email from the sales manager at the factory that told us that the production date on the 12 models has been pushed back to December 1st. They reported that there were some "technical issues" that have to be resolved before the bike would be ready. Honestly I was not surprised. Seldom does an manufacturer hit the target production date on a brand new bike. This production date means we will have bikes here in the US in early January.
Sorry to all of you who are waiting on a new bike but I agree that it is better to fix any issues with the bike rather than sending it out with problems.
Clay
Old 10-25-2011, 12:39 PM

Clay,

In the meantime, would it be possible to find out if a skidplate for an '11 will fit the '12 frame, and is the pipe the same (same guard)? I assume the rads are the same and the '11 braces will fit. Thanks.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:46 AM
Banned

Guys,
The factory is working like crazy to get this new bike out so I'm not going to bog them down with detailed questions right now. I hope you all understand. I believe the skid plate will be the same because the bottom of the frame has to be the same since the engine cases aren't changing. I also don't expect them to change things like radiators and steering head diameter because the more thing they keep from years past means less stocking parts for them. The footpegs are new but don't know if they will the same as another brand.
Enduro Engineering has already asked me to send them a bike asap so they can check fitment.
Clay
Old 10-27-2011, 09:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhack View Post
I know this has been speculated about elsewhere in this thread, but is there anymore current info about Rekluse fitment?

I've been holding off on buying the EXP for my 2011. I won't until I know it can be moved to the 2012....Clay?

Thanks
Zhack,
I have been told that, dimensionally, the 12 clutch is the same as the 11 clutch. The changes are a hard plating on the basket and additional holes in the basket for better lubrication. I believe that the current EXP will fit the 12.
Clay
Old 10-28-2011, 03:59 PM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Guys,
The factory is working like crazy to get this new bike out so I'm not going to bog them down with detailed questions right now. I hope you all understand. I believe the skid plate will be the same because the bottom of the frame has to be the same since the engine cases aren't changing. I also don't expect them to change things like radiators and steering head diameter because the more thing they keep from years past means less stocking parts for them. The footpegs are new but don't know if they will the same as another brand.
Enduro Engineering has already asked me to send them a bike asap so they can check fitment.
Clay
Clay. I will need a bike to for all the seals and bushings on the linkage and 48mrz's.
Lol...no really!
Rob
Ride with confidence again!

Made in the USA
Old 10-31-2011, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Yesterday I got an email from the sales manager at the factory that told us that the production date on the 12 models has been pushed back to December 1st. They reported that there were some "technical issues" that have to be resolved before the bike would be ready. Honestly I was not surprised. Seldom does an manufacturer hit the target production date on a brand new bike. This production date means we will have bikes here in the US in early January.
Sorry to all of you who are waiting on a new bike but I agree that it is better to fix any issues with the bike rather than sending it out with problems.
Clay

I heard a rumor that the "technical issues" are problems with the new airfilter... Surprise??? Maybe we will know soon, is it really so...
Closed Thread