Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > Western United States

Western United States West of the Rocky Mountains

Old 02-23-2010, 04:35 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

First weekend in May is open for me.
The second weekend is Mom's day. Then racing the 3rd weekend and Memorial weekend the 4th.

So really only 1 weekend I could attend in May.

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!

Old 03-01-2010, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roostafish View Post
The best stuff all requires an eye patch to ride, but it's well worth it.

Arrrrrrrrrrrggggggg
Old 03-05-2010, 09:00 PM

Tentative first weekend in May. I'll check with GP Cycle to see what he can do to host @ Rock Hill. If not, I'll lead a Shotgun ride.
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 03-07-2010, 07:45 PM

mike I would put the vote for shot gun over rock hill- no poison oak, and a bit more challenge, plus a bit more chance of a rooty mud day, rock hill is well, kinda rocky.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:45 AM

Shotgun is certainly the best place to go for a great punishing technical ride. Rock Hill is a great place for a social gathering and suits riders of all skill levels. Since Roscoe wants to go several days, I'm thinking I'll take him (and Rick if he comes up early) to the Alpine trail on Thursday, Shotgun on Friday, and Rock Hill Saturday.

Alpine is a 4 rider max ride. I'm not going to jeopardize the future of that trail, so I need riders with lots of skill, and lots of restraint. No tire spinning, no roosting, no skidding. Just enjoy the view.

Shotgun gets crazy with more than 10 people because of the nature of the terrain. I'd be willing to go to East Fort Rock for the big ride, but I think Gary wants to host and do burgers and stuff. I'll keep us up to date here.
OMRA #21AA
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 03-08-2010, 04:12 PM

Roost,

If all works out with me, I will be leaving here (Lodi) on a Thursday....0dark thirty. Make my way to someplace, find a place to camp, set up the PNW GasGas Headquarter Then ride all day Friday & Saturday, tear down camp Sunday...driver home! Have cot will travel!
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals
Old 03-08-2010, 07:08 PM

are you thinking the 1st or 8th of may? I want to block out the time for the right weekend.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:08 AM

Default Official Date

The official date is Friday April 30th, and Saturday May 1st.

Since I have not talked to Gary from GP Cycle yet, my tentative plan would be to take Rick and his Kalifornia Krew, plus Roscoe to the Alpine trail on Friday (that is, if it's only the four of us, more is sketchy). Then host the big event on Saturday at Shotgun. We can split the group for skill level if need be.
OMRA #21AA
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 04-18-2010, 08:13 PM

The date is growing ever closer. I did a preride on some local areas. Everything still has snow, but it's all doable. Rick and Rev, our Friday excursion may have to change due to snow levels. I'll keep in close contact with the ranger district. I did ride the trail after work last week. We'll play it fast and loose.

I'd like to get an idea of how many folks are attending Saturday, and if you'd chime in on your skill level.... If we have 10 people who want to just go for a fun trail ride that most anyone can make and be happy, we'll go to Huckleberry flats, and Rick and Rev and I will go to Shotgun on Friday (and anyone else feeling they could make it on Friday.)

Shotgun is technical, and the trail I have planned for you all will be mean.

Huckleberry is fast woods riding that a C rider would enjoy. It's got good traction, and my wife and kids like to ride there. the trail system is rather short, but if we're doing a social gathering and a taste of trail riding, this could be perfect. If we're into the trail ride, and skip the social aspect, let's go to Shotgun! Shotgun is not C rider friendly, but I have a backup plan for a group of less ambitious riders.

You are welcome to bring a friend. Like I said, I plan to have a secondary ride leader. Your freinds are welcome to ride whatever they want. I will not harass anyone for the brand bike they are on. If they are on a four stroke, even a Gas Gas four stroke, they may want to watch their gas selector valve though.
OMRA #21AA
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 04-20-2010, 06:48 AM

As of right now, I am still in for the road trip. I will keep you updated if my status changes. I have several irons in the fire here at work.
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals