Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 10-02-2014, 11:06 AM

Default Looking for SACHS front fork rebound adjuster GAS GAS 250 2011

Hello
I broke the rebound adjuster. I was trying to adjust it but it was stuck.
Can anyone help me where I can find one?

Old 10-02-2014, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator

Another one bites the dust.

Is it cross threaded? Good luck sourcing a replacement. Most of us here who have faced the same issue have found that with some patience you can build the old adjuster back up and then run it through a die.

The 48mm Sachs have at least 3 different variations of the caps as well. All very easy to cross thread the adj on assembly.
Old 10-02-2014, 01:09 PM

I dont know exactly the damage. I just tried to adjust it and now I have the head of the adjuster in my hand. What way are you suggesting to fix it myself?
Old 10-02-2014, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator

Ouch! So the whole head of the adjuster has snapped off. That means the rest will be seized into the actual damper rod.

You'll have to disassemble the fork and then try to remove this somehow. Possibly drill and tap. Then probably have someone manufacture up another clicker screw for you. I spent months trying to source one a few years back. I wouldn't recommend wasting your time chasing a replacement that way.

You may have more luck finding a set of OEM cartridges that someone has replaced with TTX? I have a set here in Australia, but I was planning on putting them back in the forks if I ever sell them (and selling the TTX separate).
Old 10-02-2014, 04:43 PM

You could also check with Beta. They run Sachs and seem to be better able to source parts for them. No idea how you'll go but it's something to look into.

Previous:
2011 Gas Gas EC300 ELC
2004 KTM 300 EXC
Old 10-03-2014, 02:24 AM

How easy for me is it to open the fork? Is there any diagram or a guide?
Old 10-03-2014, 03:48 AM
Super Moderator

I'd suggest probably getting it to someone with some experience if you're not sure. Its not a hard job by any means, but you're already dealing with an out of the norm issue. If the clicker is corroded into the damper rod theres a good chance there'll be corrosion in other parts of the fork cap/upper leg.

But, if you want to have a go there is loads of info and videos on youtube. Most Open Cart forks are very similar.
Loosen the upper triples, use appropriate sized tool on the cap (varies depending on fork and cap design) and loosen the cap. Remove fork from bike and completely undo the fork cap. The upper will slide down to expose the cap and spring. You then need to pull the spring down, use a spanner on the lower part, socket/tool on the cap and back the cap off from the damper rod.
With the Sachs, you'll likely find that your broken/sheered rebound adjuster will remain in the damper rod while the cap comes off.
Old 10-03-2014, 04:54 AM

I know the Kayaba and Showa forks. But never had the experience from a sachs fork. I ll try to find a guide first and then do the work
Old 10-03-2014, 06:03 AM
Super Moderator

Good luck finding anything for Sachs. Rare as hens teeth (parts and documentation), but just a basic OC fork - nothing strange inside.
Old 10-03-2014, 08:16 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I have a new one for marzocchi 45 shivers you are welcome to if it would work.
The way I got it was called marzocchi.