Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Announcements

Enduro Product Announcements Announce new gasgas enduro products here - Vendors Welcome...

Old 12-14-2008, 10:00 PM

I would be interested to see hwo comfey they are because I think I am going to DS my bike and my Guts seems a little harsh.

Lifes journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways totally worn out shouting holy cow what a ride !!!!

Old 12-15-2008, 12:50 PM

Why not just sell the parts and no base and have the customer assemble using their current base, then you wouldnt have to screw with buying and sending the bases and all that jazz.

3m spray glue and a staple gun is all one needs.. or take it to a shop to get assembled. I would never pay 180 for a seat...
Old 12-15-2008, 05:47 PM

I just installed the guts tall soft on my bike. I first worked about 3/8" off the pocket with some 36 grit sandpaper, follwed by some finer grits with lots of adhesive spray to seal the foam back up and adhear it to the fabric store cover it feels like more of a medium seat. It is also slightly wider than the guts. It felt perfect the last time I rode. My 02 felt hudge with an unmolested tall soft, the 07 doesn't feel any bigger with my shaped tall soft. Total cost was $60 shipped for the foam and about $8 for fabric.

Paul B
Old 12-16-2008, 09:36 AM
Site Sponsor

As far as EE offering the foam and seat cover direct (without the base) to consumers thats up to them but I would think those parts would run the same as Guts' ($120.)

Remember nobody is forcing anybody to buy a $180 seat. We're just trying to have some more seat options for GasGas riders.

The options for 07 and newer GasGases are now.

1) Buy a stock seat for around $160.

2) Buy both the Guts Racing seat foam and seat cover and redo your own seat for around $120.

3) Have that same Guts seat options from #2 above recovered by your local upholsterer for another $20-$30 for a total of roughly $150.

4) Do what PEB did and just buy the foam and some fabric and get the job done for around $70.

5) Buy the EE seat for $180.

The important thing is now GasGas riders have another choice.

I've attended 21 Six Days as a working Photojournalist
Old 12-16-2008, 10:21 AM

It's worth the $ for me. I loved the EE seat on my KTMs and have little time to be an upholsterer. I tried the guts on my TM and it wasn't near as good as the EE seat IMO.

I can't fully weigh the pegs while seated on the GG, 6'2". I do stand alot, but even then the seat is not where I need it.

I should get the seat Thursday 12/18. I'll try it out this weekend. Can't wait.

09 Husaberg FE450
08 GasGas DE300
07 TM EN300
07 GasGas TXT Pro 280
Old 12-16-2008, 02:20 PM

I may be interested in the EE seat. I have the Guts tall soft on my 07 and it's far from perfect. The stock 09 seat is pretty good though.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:05 PM

I have a EE seat on my 06 EC250, very comfortable. The original owner custom fit KTM foam and cover to the stock pan.

http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/p...rtbikes002.jpg
Old 12-27-2008, 07:11 PM

I installed the seat w/ no problems. The stock rear bolt is too small so I grabbed a longer 6mm bolt and put the seat on.

This seat looks great. It even looks better than the EE KTM seats. I'm not sure how to upload pictures but can email you a couple if needed.

I've had 2 rides on it and this is absolutely a great seat. 10X better than the stock and better than the Guts seats I've put on in the past. My ONLY complaint is I wish it was even taller. The bike is still too short for me. This definitely helped and made me feel more comfortable both sitting and standing. Great product and like I said earlier - if you're looking for a taller and MUCH more comfortable seat then go buy this one. EE and GoFasters are stepping out there for us on this and we need to support them. Just call Rekluse and ask them if there is a timeline on getting a Rekluse Pro for GasGas - simple one word answer from them "nope".

09 Husaberg FE450
08 GasGas DE300
07 TM EN300
07 GasGas TXT Pro 280
Old 12-27-2008, 09:27 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrytim View Post
This seat looks great. It even looks better than the EE KTM seats. I'm not sure how to upload pictures but can email you a couple if needed.
You can upload to our photo gallery here. Each member has access and file size should not be a problem.

Another option if the pictures are smaller is to attach them when you post a message. Below the text box is an upload attachment option.

Last option is using photobucket, etc.. and pasting the link in your message.

I recommend starting a photo album here since you're a member. Just click on "photo gallery" in the red menu bar above.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:41 PM

That's great news on the seat and yes we need some pics and I would LOVE to see a 2 tone color version at some point.

Quote:
Just called Rekluse and asked them if there is a timeline on getting a Rekluse Pro for GasGas - simple one word answer from them "nope".
Rekluse must be tired of people asking about the Pro for the Gassers and I wish they would just build the silly thing and be done with it. They have a Pro model for the Aprilia and Husabergs and I can't imagine them selling a whole bunch of those? There are allot of GG bikes that cover many years with the same clutch so I wonder what's it gonna take for them to do it for at least the Gasser 2 strokes anyway? If they need a certain minimum quantity ordered to break even they should let us know or perhaps they are just to crazy busy and the GG project gets put on the back burner?