Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 03-24-2010, 05:34 PM

Default Sachs shock compression adjuster?

Been fiddling with my suspension a bit on my new bike and am a little confused about the compression adjusters on the rear shock. Looks like there's high speed and low speed. I'd assume that high speed is the outer dial and the inner screw is the low speed adjuster. Seems simple enough.

Now, when I went to adjust them, they turn together. Then I noticed a little set screw on the outer adjuster that seems to lock the two adjusters together. I loosened this and then I could sort of move the adjusters independently. Seems like I need to set the outer adjuster, then hold the outer ring and set the inner adjuster, then tighten the set screw. I counted 14 clicks on the inner adjuster and the outer adjuster clicks too? I got 20 clicks on the outer adjuster.

Any tricks on adjusting this shock? I guess I should've stole the suspension off my bike in Greece. Bone stock that thing was absolute magic for me.

Old 03-25-2010, 05:02 AM

Steve,

I just hold the low speed screw (center) while I turn the high speed knob (outer), or note and readjust the low speed after the high speed. My GG Sachs and my bro's Huskys work the same way. I don't remember a set screw but I'll check. I just had Les rebuild mine, reface the pistons, and tweak the valving. I'm told some of the newer ones can loose rebound when hot. Give him a call he probably knows the Sachs stuff better than anyone, and has developed a fork mod to fix the harshness.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:13 PM

The outer HS compression adjuster preloads a shim stack. You should set that to where you want it, bottom and then back out your LS needle.
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters