Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Riding Techniques & Training

Riding Techniques & Training Increase Riding Skill, Physical and Mental Training, Weight Loss.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-01-2012, 10:40 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

I raced my first Enduro (scramble, whatever) last month. 90 minutes of up and down, up and down, MX track, repeat. The first 40 minutes was me bashing around on everything, dragging my feet, and sitting down. Minutes 40-60 was exhaustion and adrenaline, but I was thinking about bike position. Probably my best laps. The last 20-30 minutes was pure adrenaline, completely exhausted, but the funny thing I was too tired to sit so I stood the last 20 minutes. It was too much effort to put my feet down in the corners and then pick the dead leg up onto the peg, so I just stood the whole time. I didn't realize it until the last 10 minutes, but it was interesting that it took complete exhaustion and survival instincts to ride with better body position.

My take is that it is too much work to keep sitting, sticking a leg out, standing up, sitting, etc. I wore myself out doing that when I should have just stood the whole dang time.