Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 03-21-2007, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Hi!

Can the CRD radiator guards for the EC250 '06 be used for the EC250 '07. The frames are a bit different. Can somebody confirm?

Thank you!

Leon
I have transferred the my CRD radiator guards from my old bike to my 2007 and they seem to fit, not perfect but they didn't fit perfect on my old bike, the frame mounting is perfect, its just the throttle side radiator shroud that caused some problems. My CRD guards were for a 06 bike, but I had been using on my 2000 bike. Hope that helps.

Old 03-22-2007, 02:27 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

My local bike shop has a problem finding an importer for CRD products here in Sweden. I know he has mailed CRD, but there are no lifesigns yet. I'll give him a few days, if he can't find it, I'll just order them from www.dirtbike.at
Old 03-23-2007, 08:19 PM

I can get the CRD radiator guards here, but need the special hanger made for the '05 and '06 FSE's. I will try to email them at info@dirtbike.at and see if they know what I'm talking about. Hard to understand most of what I try to read. Thanks for the update
'01 XR440
'09 FZ1
Old 03-24-2007, 04:19 AM

I actually orderd a set from www.gasgas-online.de yesterday. On their page it says fits from -02 and forward. Let's see how corrct that is
Old 03-24-2007, 01:14 PM

Thumbs up

Let us know. I have a feeling it will be the same scenerio I had with miss- advertised CRD's I had tried. But it's worth the try.
'01 XR440
'09 FZ1
Old 04-05-2007, 01:10 PM

I recently picked up a used set of CRD for my 05 300. Does anyone have the instructions for installation leftover that they could copy and send or fax to me? Any info is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captccb View Post
I recently picked up a used set of CRD for my 05 300. Does anyone have the instructions for installation leftover that they could copy and send or fax to me? Any info is appreciated. Thanks.
You'll find them with a few clicks on http://www-crd-international.com .
Old 04-06-2007, 10:27 AM

OK, I got the set of radiator guards all the way from Germany.

They did not fit directly, as I suspected. But determined I was, they WILL mount on my FSE450 -05. I followed the supplied instructions and removed shrouds, tank and the retainer bolts for the radiators. The parts that go inside of the radiators fits nicely. A set of longer allen screws were supplied. But when I rigged the left side up, I could se why they're not supposed to fit the -05. There is no place to attach the rear mount. And the rectifier is in the way. Ok, Move the rectifier - make a mounting point for the rear end. I made a 110x30x4mm extra bracket out of a piece of high grade aluminum I found in my garage. The mounting hole for the radiator guard needs to be countersinked from the inside. No space for a regular screw. I kept the forward mount of the rectifier, just added a set of washers to make up for the thickness of the bracket. The left radiator shroud fit without modifications. I added a few extra M6 screws and nuts to the assembly, which of one had a countersinked head.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crd.jpg (59.7 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg left_fit.jpg (53.0 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg left_bracket_reverse.jpg (47.9 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg left_mount.jpg (57.1 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg left_spacer.jpg (47.1 KB, 19 views)
Old 04-06-2007, 10:30 AM

Ok, worst part is done, now I'll just mount the right side. Well, this turned out to be even trickier. A piece of frame tubing have been moved between -04 and -05. The right rear mount is totally misaligned to the frame. Bracket time! I made another out of the same material as the left side, and also drilled an extra hole in the rear mount of the guard. In the mounting instructions the screws of the rear mount had their nuts inward, but all the cabling and fulehose run very tight at that point, so I decided to mount them the opposite way. The extra thickness of the right bracket made the guard a little wider, resulting in the need to modify the the right shroud.

The forks touched the guards when turning, so I had to readjust the steering stops a little.

All in all the guards are pretty good, I think. Left one is a little better 'cause the outer guard plate has a fold in it, making it capable of taking a lot of abuse.

With a little extra machining these guards made a nice addition to my bike.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg right_fit.jpg (54.0 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg rbracket.jpg (59.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg right_mount.jpg (54.3 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg shroud.jpg (44.7 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg right_ready.jpg (53.5 KB, 18 views)
Old 04-06-2007, 10:32 AM

Here's a little drawing of the left bracket. All dimensions are in millimeters.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg leftbracket.jpg (10.5 KB, 19 views)