Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 08-02-2010, 06:26 AM

Default New EC/O 200 Owner

Yesterday I bought a 2003 EC/O 200 so it's official. I got the bike off e-bay for a good price. I'm pleased to know that the O stands for Ohlins and I'm really looking forward to riding just as soon as I go through the mechanical check out. I would like to add a skid plate to the bike and replace the front plastic head lamp bezel and mounting bands. If you have recommendations for a skid plate or bezel (aftermarket or factory) please post a reply. This bike has been mostly sitting so I'm sure there will be some things pop up from age but so far what I have found is minor.

Old 08-02-2010, 06:52 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Welcome to the GasGas community!
Old 08-02-2010, 07:25 AM

welcome and congrats! now as far as skidplates....i have a hyde racing pipeguard skidplate combo, which has its ups and downs. its a plastic plate, which will not protect your frame rails but will protect your engine cases, and mine does a fair job of protecting my pipe. hyde does make a plate that is just a plate, not a combo as well. otherwise alot of people have liked the scorpion plate, i think gofasters had them for a while, but i dont know if they still do or not. you will probably want to look into some form of pipe armor, weather it be a combo plate, a metal clamp on one or a carbon fiber one. moose also makes a plate for you. look in the chassis and body section, and in the product review section.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:30 AM

The bike has a carbon pipe guard on it but it doesn't protect the area the Hyde combo plate covers so that may be a good choice.

Is there any low amp draw lights like the new LED flashlights out there? That would be cool not to tax the electrical system so much with the draw of a Halogen.