Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 11-30-2010, 04:30 AM

Default Swingarm Guard and Rad Guard?

Hi All

Who does an affordable rad gusrd for the 2010 up Gassers? Equally the swingarm is badly marked after the first race, any suggestions?

Old 11-30-2010, 04:54 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Default Rad Guards

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanc View Post
Hi All

Who does an affordable rad gusrd for the 2010 up Gassers? Equally the swingarm is badly marked after the first race, any suggestions?
Enduro Engineering now has the radiator guard. $94.95
https://www.enduroeng.com/ProductDet...D94-1288370854

Have you checked out the BPD stuff?
Old 11-30-2010, 06:45 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

hyde swingarm guards
Old 11-30-2010, 08:46 AM

Flatland rad guards are good quality. I have a set on my Gas Gas and my Husky. Here is a link http://www.cyclebuy.com/shopping/flatland/index.htm I'm not sure if they have them for an 2010 yet though.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:16 PM

The best I have seen have been the Force rad guards.
http://www.forceaccessories.com.au/ They are out of Aus but they got here quick and offered really good protection.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:44 PM
Administrator

Be careful using a plastic guard for the swingarm or sub-frame if you live in an area that has sandy or gritty soil. The abrasive dirt/sand will get between the plastic and what is supposed to protect and can tear it up pretty badly.

Les put some clear vinyl on the swingarm of our husky 510 - with some carbon fiber patterned sheet under it. looks pretty slick and provides a good level of protection too. If your swingarm is badly scratched now - this might be an option for you.

I looked for clear sheet on motosport.com and came across this stuff :

http://www.racerstape.com/heli.html

Never seen it before and it looks like it will be stronger than vinyl sheet.

Jeff
Old 11-30-2010, 08:44 PM

Good find Jeff! I always clear vinyl my graphics when new to keep them looking that way, because I hate spending $$ on them. The tape is even better as it would be eaiser to work with and double up in spots where your knee brace rubs. I used heavy vinyl electrical tape on my frame under the plastic guards. Also watch if you run those carbon fiber fork guards for the uppers, they move easy and trap a lot of dirt. Wrap the tubes with friction tape first, solves the problem.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomhauer View Post
The best I have seen have been the Force rad guards.
http://www.forceaccessories.com.au/ They are out of Aus but they got here quick and offered really good protection.
I left my bike down at the Force Acc HQ a month ago and it came back the 3rd generation guards. Even better than before with a great rear brace system. I will take some pics tomorrow while I have the tank off my bike.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:35 AM

Thanks Lads

I think Im going to buy the PowerParts protection parts, might as well keep her as origional as possible..thanks for heads up.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:32 AM

I was never totally happy with what was available and made my own system starting with Flatlands and a set of the GP braces I designed that Les sold. A lot of us need both good frontal and ertreme side impact protection, with adequate airflow. Existing options were all compromises. I always thought that triangulation with a good rear mount was key and did this with a new headstay bracket. This has worked really well with NO damage even in a couple of big crashes.

I'd like to see the new Force guards, sounds like what I would want. What would take this to a new level and be quite simple is if the factory would provide a mount point or tab on the frame for a rear brace, and a hardparts kit engineered to fit and work with it. Could also apply this logic to a skidplate.