Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 03-12-2013, 01:40 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Default 11 250 race settings

I am trying to find a good baseline set-up for my 11' 250 race, zokes/ohlins. also what is the model # of components? 48mm/888 ?
Does the 10-12 mm of spring preload work good on this model? I weigh aprx #180, riding for 30 yrs-but not seriously. probably a c-class vet rider.
Bike is new-never ridden yet, going to tear down this week and go riding on Monday.
Any info about the suspension set-up,clickers,sag, preload,oil weight,etc is appreciated.

I am really lost on this suspension on this bike. Its just different from what I am used to.

Any body use TBT here in Monroe wa? or Dave at gp suspension?

Last edited by adv rider; 03-29-2013 at 12:53 AM. Reason: tuners

Old 03-29-2013, 12:57 AM

Default 11' suspension

So I still haven't figured out what model suspension is on my bike. It would help a great deal for doing research on set-up.
I don't know if its 45-48mm forks, I think the shock is 888 but I am not sure.

I know suspension on Japanese bikes well enough to do rebuilds, oil, seals , etc. But never dealt with marzocchi/ohlins before.

Thanks for the help
Old 03-29-2013, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adv rider View Post
So I still haven't figured out what model suspension is on my bike. It would help a great deal for doing research on set-up.
I don't know if its 45-48mm forks, I think the shock is 888 but I am not sure.

I know suspension on Japanese bikes well enough to do rebuilds, oil, seals , etc. But never dealt with marzocchi/ohlins before.

Thanks for the help
The shock is an 888, but its set up a little differently (lower mount, rebound adjuster knob, high speed comp adjuster) than the 12s and 13s.

If your forks are Marzocchi 48s you should have a three-legged PFP adjuster in the center of the fork cap and the lower legs will be chrome (not black). The cap itself will have a large nut profile around the outer edge. Then again, if you've got a set of calipers you could always just measure the legs.

Rebuilds on the 48s require patience and some finesse but they have been covered on the forum at some length. I've rebuilt and tuned several sets with decent success setting them up for their respective riders.
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 03-29-2013, 09:57 AM

Default suspension

Thanks for the info. I Must have 48's I imagine- has 3 legged adjuster
And yes I have been reading the threads about the suspension work, as soon as I need it. I will tear into it.

Last edited by adv rider; 03-29-2013 at 09:16 PM.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:28 PM

I didn't know they put any 48mm forks on the 11 models. I thought everything was 45mm Marzocchis or maybe a 48mm Sachs fork. I don't think the 48mm Marz forks were available at that time....

Set up is such a personal thing due to terrain variables and speed of rider. What might work in Alabama for me, I'm also about 180#, would probably be way out of the ball park for Washington state. The suspension on the Euro bikes aren't that much different than the Japanese bikes. If you sorted out the suspension on the Jap bikes, do the same with the GG.

I would suggest, a) do an initial check of where the clickers are, i.e. how many clicks in or out. b) find a certain section that taxes the suspension, where you think it isn't performing like you think it should. c) go through that section making adjustments after each pass until it is handling the way you like. d) move to another section and repeat c making minor adjustments to fine tune because it will be a trade off, as you probably know from other suspension.

You also might check with Les at LTR, he is in your area and is a Marz guru.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:16 PM

Default 11' suspension

I have the 3 legged pfp adjuster, so I just figured that I have 48's. I will measure to be sure. I understand that my set-up would be different, I just mainly wanted to know what model my suspension is, so if I read any tips,advice I know if it's for what I have- as far as setup goes, I have never dealt with pfp.

All I can say is it has marzocchi forks/ohlin shock. I have, and will make adjustments as I ride. Currently just breaking in suspension.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:40 PM

The '11 Race model had the 48s with the PFP. Side note- a 22mm 12 point socket does a pretty good job of turning that thing.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:40 AM

Default suspension

Thank you. I measured the legs too -48mm

I will grind down a 22mm wrench this weekend. Some more riding Monday, and more adjustments
Old 03-30-2013, 01:00 AM

Default suspension fluid

Here is a link about suspension fluid, it may be of help to some of you really fine tuning your set-up

http://www.peterverdone.com/wiki/ind...spension_Fluid

I thought it was interesting how the same weight from diff. companies varies. Some of its bicycle info, but i'm sure it will benefit some.