Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 06-01-2012, 12:22 PM

Default 2005 fse450

I had a leaky countershaft seal.
I talked to a distant dealer (none within 3 hours of me) and he said I needed the 2 orings, seal, and spacer.

I pulled the sprocket off and got the seal out easily enough and looked for a spacer and Orings.......none to be found.
The fiche shows them between the seal and the sprocket

so I figured that maybe the PO for some reason took the spacer out. I drive the seal in and it hits its stop. there is no room for a spacer between the sprocket and seal.

I have found a 2004 and 2006 parts fiche and it shows these parts, but they definitely will not fit. Plus, the seal I was sent is a 30 40 7. The seal I pulled out is definitely a 25 40 7

is 2005 some sort of bastard year for parts or what?

Old 06-01-2012, 12:31 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Is there a shoulder on the sprocket shaft? If so, that is the spacer. Pull that out and there should be two o-rings, one in the recess of the spacer and another just past that. Be careful pulling the spacer off with pliers as you don't want to mar the outer surface.

*Speaking from experience with XC300 and other dirt bikes.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscook View Post
Is there a shoulder on the sprocket shaft? If so, that is the spacer. Pull that out and there should be two o-rings, one in the recess of the spacer and another just past that. Be careful pulling the spacer off with pliers as you don't want to mar the outer surface.

*Speaking from experience with XC300 and other dirt bikes.
nope. no shoulder it goes from splines to smooth shaft into the engine bearing. with the seal fully seated in the housing and the sprocket on, the inside edge of the sprocket is touching the seal.

I'm hoping someone with a 2005 has done their seal?
Old 07-04-2012, 12:13 PM

The 06 part manual has the bearing as a 6205 (25mm bore) and the seal size as 25 40 7 so maybe they did away with those extra parts and didn't update the manual which is typical of Gas Gas. Even the 07 parts manual has those extra parts in which if the bearing/seal sizes are correct cant fit anywhere. Perhaps 05 was the change over year?
Old 07-05-2012, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui-gon View Post
The 06 part manual has the bearing as a 6205 (25mm bore) and the seal size as 25 40 7 so maybe they did away with those extra parts and didn't update the manual which is typical of Gas Gas. Even the 07 parts manual has those extra parts in which if the bearing/seal sizes are correct cant fit anywhere. Perhaps 05 was the change over year?
It's possible. It's just so unlikely that the seal went out in the short time the previous owner had it.

I went ahead and put the bushing and orings in. I might even be able to tell if it seals if I the clutch slave rebuild kit I ordered 3 weeks ago ever shows up