Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 07-23-2012, 08:36 AM

Default AJP Hubs

Hi Guys,

New to the forum, but always checked it out time to time. I've had a 2005 EC300 since 2006. Absolutely love it's reliability and rideability, it's one of the bikes that won't be leaving my stable. I used to work at a local GG dealer and we sponsored a rider on an EC250 to win the 24 Hour Reliability Trial a few years in a row. It's a race that is 4 250km laps, similar to a rally with flat out competitive sections with transport sections between them. I did the race in 2008 and finished.
Unfortunately I haven't ridden in the dirt in almost 2 years, mostly due to time constraints. I do a lot of street riding though, on my Norton Commando and sometimes on my Gas Gas. To get the GG out more I want to throw a set of motard wheels on it.

At the shop I worked at, we also sold Alfer for while, which use AJP hubs. Most people reckoned the Alfer motard wheels would bolt straight up, maybe with a changed spacer or two, up the GG's. I never had the opportunity to test that though.

But now I have the chance to purchase a set of Alfer motard wheels, so I'd like to ask if anyone here has some experience using AJP hubs from other makes, on their Gas Gas's.

Can anyone help out with some info?

Thanks!