Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > GasGas Member Polls

GasGas Member Polls Find out what everyone thinks about it!

View Poll Results: Do you run a auto clutch on your Gas Gas?
Yes! I would be lost with out it. 60 30.61%
No! Those things are for guys with poor clutch control. 77 39.29%
Thinking about installing one. 59 30.10%
Voters: 196. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-03-2010, 08:47 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyR View Post
I have hated Rekluse clutches with a passion until I rode a bike with an EXP in it and now I am sold.
You would have to say that Scott wouldn't you. Man...I spent enough this year.

Leave me a lone..

07 TXT 280
77 TY175

Old 09-04-2010, 01:45 PM

My bro in law has one in his CFR450, works for him, and I have plenty of seat time on that pig.....I should have rode Roostafish's 250 and gave it a try on a 2 stroke. Not sure what it would be like on my 200. I guess for the money I could buy a several clutch kits.....
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals
Old 09-04-2010, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyDude View Post
You would have to say that Scott wouldn't you. Man...I spent enough this year.

Leave me a lone..
So far, I have the opposite opinion. I like the Pro in my Husky, better than the EXP in my GG. The EXP does have a better feel at the clutch lever though.
Old 09-05-2010, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2whlrcr View Post
So far, I have the opposite opinion. I like the Pro in my Husky, better than the EXP in my GG. The EXP does have a better feel at the clutch lever though.
Curious as to why you like the Pro better than the EXP (not that we have a choice with the GG)? Have you tried lighter wedges in the EXP?
Old 09-05-2010, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidad View Post
Curious as to why you like the Pro better than the EXP (not that we have a choice with the GG)? Have you tried lighter wedges in the EXP?
My Pro engages at idle, so when the bike is idling it wants to creep forward, but will not while sitting on it. Then it's a very smooth engagement when you roll the throttle on. Hard to even tell it has an auto clutch in it. Don't ask me how many balls, blah, blah, because I don't remember. It was installed via the manual recommendations and haven't screwed with it since.

My EXP does not engage at idle. It engages at just a hair above idle, but there is a very slight hesitation, before the clutch engages. Then there is pronounced slippage and seems to hook up completely about 1/3 throttle. Again the clutch was installed per the instructions and haven't tried adjusting it.

It's not a big deal, but my Husky is more seamless. The EXP you can definitely tell when it's slipping and then hooking up. It could just be the difference between the two bikes and how the Rekluse functions with each model.

I was not happy when I heard you couldn't get a Pro model with the GG. I like how my Husky clutch works and wanted to stay with the Pro. Plus shelling out $900 is getting a little ridiculous. $600 is bad enough and I could care less if I have a Rekluse clutch cover. I just think it's a way for Rekluse to force the covers on you and as far as I can see, I don't know why the EXP costs more to manufacture.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:43 AM

Thanks for the reply and explanation.

Perhaps you could talk to Rekluse and tell them how you want the EXP to hook up and they could give you some advice.
Old 09-05-2010, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidad View Post
Thanks for the reply and explanation.

Perhaps you could talk to Rekluse and tell them how you want the EXP to hook up and they could give you some advice.

I rode the GG again today and really don't like how my EXP is working. I need to tinker with it.
Old 09-06-2010, 04:21 AM

It is unclear to me how an auto-clutch can be set up to work in all conditions. Depending on how much power I need (or can put down to the ground), I may have a wide range of RPM's dialed up as I slip the clutch up the side of a tough hill.

Do the auto clutches have some way of sensing torque or whatever that they allow higher engine speed in situations that demand it? My bike does not make enough low end torque to get up some hills if the clutch engaged at just above idle.

Have never ridden with one of these, but approaching 50 I can in some cases begin to see the benefit of having one. Getting too old to get restarted on the side of a hill when I screw up my line choice.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2whlrcr View Post
I rode the GG again today and really don't like how my EXP is working. I need to tinker with it.
I rode again today and the other thing I noticed is when manually overiding the EXP, you have to pull the clutch lever all the way to the bar. No one or two finger clutch technique because it won't release. I already have my free play set to almost nil. Don't like this about the EXP either, which baffles me, because they boast up the fact that you can still use the clutch like normal. Not on my bike anyway.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:53 PM

Got the clutch adjusted some more and the clutch feel is normal now and has the proper friction point. Still like my Pro clutch better, but EXP is getting better.