Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 02-17-2024, 06:12 PM

Default 2011 ec300 pipe and other recommendations

Hi all,

I have a 2011 ec300. At one point I was using it for pretty gnarly hard Enduro type stuff. As of the last top end, I tuned it accordingly (base gasket/exhaust port height).

Since then I decided e start would be really nice for hard Enduro so I bought a newer Beta. Great bike but I digress.

I kept the gasgas because it's still a great bike too, I like having a second bike, etc. I want to turn the gasser into more of a cross country machine to race in harescrambles where I might start the bike a handful of times rather than the constant abuse in hard Enduro.

The pipe that is on it shows the wear and tear from it's hard Enduro past with dents etc. the dents would be removed without too much trouble but the bigger issue is that the pipe is sort of bent back into the radiator on the left hand side where it turns down.

I was thinking of getting a new pipe for it that would ideally fit better into the new xc role with stronger top end. When I look around online, I only see the fmf gnarly, which seems more biased towards bottom end grunt. I have noticed even with the current setup it seems to have a strong bottom and mid, but kind signs off on the top. This may be the exhaust port height or even jetting, and I plan to address that too.

In the mean time though, anyone have a recommendation for a pipe that would be biased towards higher revs? Should I just get the gnarly and tune it with the other stuff?

Old 02-18-2024, 12:51 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

My mates gnarly seems to give a good boost everywhere. I put fatty on my XTRAINER and even with 36mm carb seems more lively than mates Race.

GG (I have an 07) was dead on 180 main. I'm on 170 and now it revs.
'22 765 Street Triple RS
'21 XTrainer
'69 Stinger T125 Suzuki
'23 TRS 250RR (it's a Trials thing)