Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 12-05-2012, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antsx View Post
Hi can any of you guys with ec250's do wheelies in forth gear or higher mine wont pull a wheelie unless im in third and then change gear, my gearing is 13/51. This is my first gas gas and all my other two stokes could pull wheelies in fith but they were motocross bikes cr 250 and rm 250, should the ec be as powerful as them or is it just because its an enduro or could my bike been down on power
ckeck your power valve for proper action, and compare your jetting to ochter gassers in the same area/ conditions as you are in.

allso, compare how well they keep up in the woods with you ;-)
they might me faster in the open tough, if that's what you want, then get yours tuned that way too ;-)
with gassers, you can have'm any way you like, just as long as you know what to do

ciao, Hannes.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:56 PM

thanks for the replys the powervalve was sticking and had loads of slop and the plate was no where near the stop. took it all out cleaned it put it back together and done the preload as in the sticky.took the bike out but was farting at half throttle so i moved the needle clip up 1 made it better but rain and cold got me before i could move the clip up again i will try it on the weekend now. would freeing up the powervalve cause me to need to adjust the jetting again ???
Old 12-05-2012, 09:36 PM
Super Moderator

Its a 250 so it will always have some mid range hit.

I'd probably pull the carb and give it a clean and establish what jets you have in there as a starting point if you're not sure. From there its trial and error to achieve the best result you can.