Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Ride Reports

Ride Reports Tell us all the gorey details!

Old 07-14-2014, 09:35 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Default Enoree Trails South Carolina

So where did you ride your GASGAS this weekend? This is the first of several ?Just RiDE? Reports we will be doing thru the remainder of the summer and fall, so keep watching for video and write up?s.

This weekend, we had the opportunity of visiting one of the more popular riding area?s in the South East, the Enoree OHV Trail, the located in the Sumter National Forest near Whitmire South Carolina.

On site you will find restrooms, a gravel parking lot offers lots of room for your rig, and loading docks makes life easier for the guys in trucks that forgot their ramps. BE ADVISED there is no drinking water available so bring plenty of H20. Additionally, a word of warning to those tempted to ride their bike or ATV on the entrance road or do ?doughnuts? in the parking area?bring plenty of cash for the ticket you will receive from one of the many friendly forest rangers. Trust me, those guys are everywhere and do a good job in keeping things ?in check?. You are required to fill out a parking permit, drop a $5.00 bill in the box, and hang your permit from the rearview mirror. Otherwise, it?s a long walk to wherever it is they will tow your vehicle.

Trail mileage is listed at 23 on the flyer, and is marked with orange (red) paint for ?one way?, while the white paint indicates 2 way traffic. This is a multipurpose trail which means you are sharing the land with ATV, hikers, and MTB, so be cautious and courteous to your fellow users.

As for the ride?all I can say is WOW! Not too many public riding area?s offer the fun factor that Enoree has! The dirt is a mix of sand with piedmont clay, and the trail simply flows with the right amount of twists and turns that keeps the rider in a constant rhythm all day. The only thing you need to be aware of, is the trail has more than its fair share of water breaks built in by the forestry service to help slow down the erosion process, but they also serve as a reminder of how fast things can go wrong when you start riding the trail at race pace, so be careful. The trail crosses several creeks and streams but you never get the tires wet, thanks to the many bridges that keep you out of the muck, and once again?to combat erosion. One trip to Enoree?and your hooked. This area serves as the perfect example of how government and the users of public land can work together. More states should look at South Carolina as how off-road management works!

All in all, we enjoyed our day (even in the 95 degree heat), and look forward to riding here again very soon. For more information, go to http://www.atvtrails.org/Carolina_AT...eatvtrail.html

Old 07-15-2014, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Overstreet View Post
This is the first of several ?Just RiDE? Reports we will be doing thru the remainder of the summer and fall, so keep watching for video and write up?s.
Sweet!

Hey Rod - you need to head out West and let us show you some of the epic trail riding we have out our back door in the coast range (Tillamook State Forest).

I bet Bill's could hook you up with a ride too Or, let me know and you can ride one of our 200s

Does that area offer more than 23 miles of trail?
Old 07-16-2014, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2day View Post
Sweet!

Hey Rod - you need to head out West and let us show you some of the epic trail riding we have out our back door in the coast range (Tillamook State Forest).

I bet Bill's could hook you up with a ride too Or, let me know and you can ride one of our 200s

Does that area offer more than 23 miles of trail?
Funny you bring up traveling and riding out west...if things go according to plan, I will be heading out there very soon (WA and OR) I will keep you posted. I done some riding in WA, back in 07, and had a blast!

As for your question of mileage at Enoree, I believe 23 is about it. In my home state of KY, our longest trail (legal to ride) is apprx 73 miles long, located in the Red Bird district of the Daniel Boone National Forest.
Old 07-16-2014, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Overstreet View Post
Funny you bring up traveling and riding out west...if things go according to plan, I will be heading out there very soon (WA and OR) I will keep you posted. I done some riding in WA, back in 07, and had a blast!

As for your question of mileage at Enoree, I believe 23 is about it. In my home state of KY, our longest trail (legal to ride) is apprx 73 miles long, located in the Red Bird district of the Daniel Boone National Forest.
Definitely keep me posted - there are a bunch of us GG nuts out here

And if you liked the 23 miles of Enoree, you'll be floored with what we have out here. I think there's close to 300 miles of trails in TSF and that's just one of the areas we have. Jumping over the Cascades and China Hat has at least that many and then there's Gifford Pinchot in Washington.

Truly off-road riding paradise here