Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 04-11-2015, 10:45 AM

When I see KTM buy a company like Husqvarna thats a red flag to me.Husky wasnt just a brand but a real deal motorcycle company with a long history and evetything that goes with that.These workshops have a culture and its about that shops ideas and the people working in those shops and how they think moyotcycles should be built.They are unique to that brand.Gas Gas may not have the history of a company like Husqvarna but they deffinately have their own ideas about how a motorcycle should be built.I dig that.The company is struggling and it puts the brand at risk.Most of the complaints are fairly inconsequential when you get right down to it.They are little things.Refinements.As far as video.goes, pictures, testemants etc,the brand is unknown to many riders and all people really know is what they have seen.Or it doesnt matter what you know, its what you can prove.I think the majority of you that actually ride these bikes are fairly honest in your evaluations of the bike.And then theirs those other guys who treat it mostly like a hobby, which is cool too, each their own.But if the brand is going to survive then some of the disconnect.between owners, riders, manufacturer and the general riding public needs some remedy.Wether I want to ride a Gas Gas or not is irrelevant.I just want the option.Sorry for the rant.

Old 04-11-2015, 07:49 PM
Super Moderator

Good Luck Johnny. Last year I spent quite a bit of time riding with a couple mates who were preparing for it. He's keen to go again, and last time we spoke was trying to get me all gee'd up.

He ended up coming in 22nd in silver class.

Agree all bikes need maintenance and have room for improvement (especially for an individuals needs). 3rd party components are also out of the control of the brand. IE just about all the 2Ts are using kokusan stators, domino throttles, keihin carbs. Neil said it earlier, its all part of owning a bike.