Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
John...Got it. That makes it easier for you.
Steve....This could be a test bed for Gas Gas parts, if dealers and customers like it.
Tm....Jeff Tasky has already gioven me an order if he is your closest dealer. If not....Nothing will encourage a dealer more to order a bike than a call from a customer!
Tasky isn't too far away, but I'll check with Skagit Powersports, they are much closer and are great to deal with.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:54 AM
Banned

Simmo...Thanks for sending that link to me. That's a help.
JKosmo...Honestly haven't gotten into parts pricing yet. I'm waiting on some more infro from Sherco so that I can start my order with them. My goal is to be on par with the orange company.
TM...call Bill at Skaggit and tell him to get on the bandwagon!

Thank you all for your help and support. It is appreciated!
Clay
Old 10-11-2012, 02:42 PM

Haven't been around here for a good while but this is awesome news IMO and the Sherco bikes are sweeeeeet and a great addition especially with Clay doing the dirty work.

A few years ago that 300i was just coming out and I contacted RYP about getting one. His response was between 10-11K, I had to pre-order it (they were just hitting production), pay for it in full up front and wait 3 months for it to arrive. OUCH, no thanks! He was obviously trying to stifle the enduro line.

Nice job getting Sherco enduro Clay and really hope it goes well with both lines.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:01 PM

Good plan on the parts. I would like this for GasGas. I have a local dealer but he is still far enough away that it is not easy to pick up parts. hence he pays for shipping comming in and I pay for shipping going out. Your plan removes cost while maintianing good customer service and keeps the dealer profitable.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidad View Post
Haven't been around here for a good while but this is awesome news IMO and the Sherco bikes are sweeeeeet and a great addition especially with Clay doing the dirty work.

A few years ago that 300i was just coming out and I contacted RYP about getting one. His response was between 10-11K, I had to pre-order it (they were just hitting production), pay for it in full up front and wait 3 months for it to arrive. OUCH, no thanks! He was obviously trying to stifle the enduro line.

Nice job getting Sherco enduro Clay and really hope it goes well with both lines.
I had the same experience.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:04 PM

I think you will see this model of doing business becoming a lot more popular in the next few years. A lot of small enthusiast run shops are cash poor and cant afford to stock a lot of parts and buy bikes. They also do not qualify for GE flooring.

If I was a distributor I would think long and hard about asking "dealers" to buy 2 demo bikes that cannot be sold for 9 months at a BIG discount and stocking $1000 in essential parts like filters, levers, shifters, plastic etc..

Customers can view and demo bikes at the dealership but would go online and purchase their new unit from the dist. The dist would ship the unit to the dealer who would PDI and prep the bike for the customer.

Customer leaves dealer with bike in the back of the truck and dist sends dealer a "commission" for doing the PDI and delivery. Same with big dollar parts. Customer goes online, buys parts and has them shipped direct to their address. Selling dealer gets a commission. Everyone wins.

What do you guys think about this model? I personally think it would be a perfect fit for a smaller "weird" euro brand like GG or Sherco.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:46 PM

Any chance the DOT will bless the 4t bikes for dual sport use?
Old 10-11-2012, 11:59 PM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEB View Post
Any chance the DOT will bless the 4t bikes for dual sport use?
With a fat enough check many things are possible.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:13 AM

I think this makes a lot of sense. In fact, it could redefine the traditional definition of "dealer". Why would you need a full dealership and its associated overhead? What if you just worked out of a small home business, like some top suspension guys do? What if your a guy like Clay that travels to all the races with demos in a trailer, even parts? The dealer base could rapidly expand. Personally, I'd like it if Spain could ship me a crate of parts cheap and give Clay a commission.

There are still whiners though like a lot of the orange guys who need a dealer on the corner with a complete parts stock and orange binkeys while they wait.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
I think this makes a lot of sense. In fact, it could redefine the traditional definition of "dealer". Why would you need a full dealership and its associated overhead? What if you just worked out of a small home business, like some top suspension guys do? What if your a guy like Clay that travels to all the races with demos in a trailer, even parts? The dealer base could rapidly expand. Personally, I'd like it if Spain could ship me a crate of parts cheap and give Clay a commission.

There are still whiners though like a lot of the orange guys who need a dealer on the corner with a complete parts stock and orange binkeys while they wait.
If this was the case I'd be MORE THAN INTERESTED in setting something up.
If there was a way to get involved with an existing dealer such as Scott, and stock the necesities along with variables such as differing make/models to complement the MAIN dealer. Now that could expand on the diversity/availability for the better.
Nephew = 2002 CR125