Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 11-07-2013, 03:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nambo-trev View Post
Did you say beer and dirt biking clay????? Maybe I have to organize a guys weekend to see you down there, you can hang out with a bunch of redneck Canadians
Even Canadians are welcome but you prolly need to bring your own beer since ours is so weak compared to yours.

Old 11-07-2013, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Did you say beer and dirt biking clay????? Maybe I have to organize a guys weekend to see you down there, you can hang out with a bunch of redneck Canadians
You better be careful Trev. You might end up being stuck in customs too.
16' Specialized Fatboy trail
02' ZRX 1200r R.I.P.
72' Olds 500ci, Batten Heads, Street/Drag car, former CarCraft magazine centerfold (has-been)
15' TW200
Old 11-07-2013, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
I do intend to send bikes to Kevin Novello at Trail Rider in New England because he rides where we do.
Awesome!! His review of the 2012, combined with AfterHoursCycles reputation with a GG rider here in AZ and Chilly's review got me off the fence. I even subscribe now. Hope to see another write up on the 2014.
Old 11-07-2013, 05:21 PM

I do think it is tough to get good information out of the magazines to be sure.

I went riding with a bunch of guys riding everything from a KDX200 to KTM 450's and my buddies semi clapped out GG300 was my favorite ride. Would have never thought I would have went back to a premix bike again. I rode quads for a few years and hadn't ridden a bike in 20 + years.

I got a new 2010 EC300 and still love that bike today.

Probably not the best suspended bike but really good. Inspires confidence, and my 16 year old who is a 4stroke zealot calls it Dads cheater bike.

It is sad but guys who ride with me and see how I ride come up and ask...is that really 274 lbs??? Looks like it handles well but man I don't want to pick up 274 pounds. That misinformation is powerful. It is again sad but these guys will talk like what is said in that magazine like they rode it themselves...tragic

I try not to be a brand loyal zealot but I would have to ride a 14 GG before I bought a beta as good as they sound. I am short legged so it limits the options anyway. I think most of the guys here know the scoop, but I feel for you Clay trying to fight the good fight.

Keep it up and hopefully Spain can get their act together.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:03 PM

FWIW I have about 110 hours on my '12 250es & I like it more each time I ride it. The snottier the conditions, the better this bike works.

I've never bought a bike because of what some mag writer said, but because I rode it and liked it.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3beejay3 View Post
FWIW I have about 110 hours on my '12 250es & I like it more each time I ride it. The snottier the conditions, the better this bike works.

I've never bought a bike because of what some mag writer said, but because I rode it and liked it.
Unfortunately I think you are the exception rather than the rule. A surprising number of riders think that what the mags says is the absolute last word on the performance of a motorcycle.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nknudsen View Post
You better be careful Trev. You might end up being stuck in customs too.
I'm sure Trev is safe. They let Scott Rocher through on a regular basis.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:15 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

It's possible for us to ride at Carter Mountain? I've been wanting to ride there for a long time.

If you have a demo ride at Carter Mtn, (and my wife let's me go, .) I'm there man! I'm thinking about getting a 14' anyway.

Current ride: 2009 WR450

Previously owned: 12 Gas Gas XC300R, 06 WR450, 06 YZ250, 05 Gas Gas EC250, 05 KTM 450EXC, 02 KX250 w/EG310 kit, 03 YZ250F
Old 11-07-2013, 09:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Rednadians.....LMAO!
Old 11-07-2013, 09:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
Nope! I'm done with the west coast dirt rags. If they want to come to the east to ride here then they can test our bikes, both GG and Sherco. I'm done sending bikes out to CA for them to ride. I can't be there when they do the test and show them all of the things they need to know, like how the PFP valve works on the forks, so they will have to come here to ride them. I really am at a loss as to why people care about what the mags say. All of those guys were at a national enduro this summer and only one of them was able to beat a 53 year old "chunky guy" that had a heart attack earlier in the year. I 'm not sure they are qualified to test a bike that will mainly be ridden in the woods rather than the desert. Rather than take their word for what is good, I hope you guys will get in touch with me for a demo ride so you can decide yourselves. I do intend to send bikes to Kevin Novello at Trail Rider in New England because he rides where we do.
Sorry, Stoby! You struck a nerve....!
Funny thing...After I typed my above rant, I went to the grocery store for some milk and picked up a Dirt Bike magazine. In his column, Tom Webb talked about how tough the PA national enduro was and how he was waaaaay out of his element. BUT...he still wrote a test on a bike. Huh? Don't get me wrong....I respect Tom and he is a good rider....out west, in So Cal and in the desert type environments. In over three years now we have sold about 1% of our bikes where he and the other mag guys live. The rest have been bought by customers who ride between trees and over roots with mud and slime on them. The more I have thought about this (I get a lot of time to think driving the bus to and from enduros) the less sense it makes. So, here is my challenge to you guys: Don't let a So Cal writer make up YOUR mind for YOU! If you are about to spend just south of $10k on a dirt bike, invest the time to ride the bike yourselves and make up your own mind. If you ride one of the bikes I sell and decide not to buy it based on that experience, I can live with that. If you decide not to buy a bike I sell because of a west coast mag, then I'm gonna pour a beer on your head!
Thank Goodness I have been waiting to here that. Those rags can take a flying leap. I was so tickled when I saw Booth get his pants beat off him by a GasGas. Go Stephen Foord!!!!