Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > SouthEast United States

Old 10-24-2015, 08:33 AM

Default Places to live in southern Kentucky if you ride a lot

Trying to decide where to retire and so far I am down to Kentucky and Tennessee.

Looking for places that are close ish to a good sized town < 1.5 hours but I want to be closer <15 minutes from lots of riding. Plenty of nice single track the wife and I could ride with some more difficult for me and the friends I make when I get there.

Suggestions?

Old 10-24-2015, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgiven View Post
Trying to decide where to retire and so far I am down to Kentucky and Tennessee.

Looking for places that are close ish to a good sized town < 1.5 hours but I want to be closer <15 minutes from lots of riding. Plenty of nice single track the wife and I could ride with some more difficult for me and the friends I make when I get there.

Suggestions?
That's a good position to be in Steve! Enjoy the retirement, and especially the riding.
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 10-24-2015, 11:02 AM

Quote:

Suggestions?
Tennessee! I live in Eastern TN we have a few places to ride. Look into the Knoxville area. Not to mention it is cheaper to live in TN than KY, which is why I also moved here. Being on a fixed income, cheaper is better (More money for toys and play).
Old 10-24-2015, 12:02 PM

Considering pretty much all of bell county KY is dedicated to off-road I would think right on the TN KY border along I-75 would be heaven on earth. Only problem is the SxS guys have taken over down there. But you still have Redbird Crest in Daniel Boone. I would say that is quite possibly 70 miles of the best trail on planet earth!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-24-2015, 01:36 PM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

Deep South ... Swaziland, pension in dollars will make you a king
Old 10-24-2015, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis2857 View Post
Considering pretty much all of bell county KY is dedicated to off-road I would think right on the TN KY border along I-75 would be heaven on earth. Only problem is the SxS guys have taken over down there. But you still have Redbird Crest in Daniel Boone. I would say that is quite possibly 70 miles of the best trail on planet earth!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have to agree! I like my quad, but at times being worried about a flying SxS scares the crap out of me! They win and my body losses!
Old 10-24-2015, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swazi_matt View Post
Deep South ... Swaziland, pension in dollars will make you a king
Seriously?

What US per month income would be needed to live well and SAFE there?
Old 10-24-2015, 04:38 PM

Where is Swaziland?
Old 10-24-2015, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Where is Swaziland?
I had to look it up also. Little country next to South Africa.....lol

Youtube some videos about it, there are some interesting and eye opening one...
Old 10-24-2015, 10:18 PM

Quote:

Suggestions?
The Caryville/Jacksboro/La Follette area is 30 minutes north of Knoxville, TN on interstate 75. Caryville sits right on I75, Jacksboro is just 2 miles east of Caryville, and La Follette is just 4 miles east of Jacksboro. From Caryville the north side of Windrock (77,000 acres also known as Coal Creek) is only about 20 minutes away, Royal Blue (over 125,000 acres) is less than 15 minutes, Brimstone (maybe 50,000 acres) is probably only 45-50 minutes, and Daniel Boone in Kentucky would be less than 2 hours. - Ken