Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 12-22-2013, 10:02 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

I find it hard to believe that simply pressurizing a hydraulic column allows air to rise to the top. If so, wouldn't it be simpler to go for a ride, and use the brakes? If this trick actually worked, your brakes would be self bleeding every time you went for a ride (squeeze, release, repeat). I don't buy it. It would also self-bleed sitting on the side stand, as the master is highest when the bike is leaned left with bars turned left. All bubbles rise to the top, so just let it rest for a couple of days. Good as new with zero effort!

When the master cylinder piston is depressed, it blocks the return hole and no fluid or air loops back into the system. If the bleed hole was exposed, the system would never pressurize. If there is any air in the system, it is most likely trapped at a high point in the caliper, or in the banjo bolt at the master.

Bleed the line at the banjo bolt at the master, then bleed the banjo bolt at the caliper, and then bleed using the bleed screw on the caliper.

I'm just a cynic with a mild case of experience with closed and open loop hydraulic systems. An open loop system will self bleed. A closed loop will not, regardless of how much pressure you exert on a column of fluid.

Old 12-22-2013, 10:43 PM

Pscook i have tried bleeding that way! The brakes work well when warm
But they arent tight lever comes in almost all the way gonna the zip tie thing if no luck im gonna rebuild caliper and master