Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2017, 12:33 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Default 2007 EC300- Set Up and Upgrade Questions

I just picked up a 2007 EC300 a couple weeks ago. It is is decent shape, but needs some love and setup (plastics and tires too). After rejetting the carb and dumping the nasty old gas and tranny oil I was able to run a gallon of gas through it on South Texas single track and fire roads. It was fun.

I have not serviced the forks or shock yet, but I set the clickers according to info in the suspension forum sticky. They are not leaking and work fairly well for my 200 lbs undressed weight, but I suspect I should inspect/clean/service them with fresh ATF in the forks (130mm air space) and oil in the shock.

I noticed that the forks did not smack my palms and make them sore like the WP forks on my KTMs, so they must be a bit more compliant. But I also noticed a bit more of a wallowing sensation over braking bumps. And lofting the front wheel over a couple downed trees gave me a bit of a jolt as the front wheel hit the tree (was not as cushy as I would have liked). I still had about 2 inches of fork travel unused according to the dust lines.

I like to service my own suspension, and can swap shims but do not have the time or talent or inclination to spend time time and time again revalving and modifying the suspension. Should I send this Marzocchi suspension out to WER or LTR or other shop and have it revalved or should I just refresh the oil and replace wear parts or swap out the forks and/or shock?

I have a pair of 2006 Showa CRF250 forks that I can transplant to this bike although it would be less work and more riding time to just get the Marzocchis revalved, if they will work for me.

I also noticed that the HS Compression knob of the Shock was very difficult to turn and the the compression clickers on the bottom of the forks were a bit gritty feeling. What gives here?

Any advise is appreciated.

As a long time KTM Talk person, this Gasgas site is really nice to navigate and you guys are really cool. I am looking forward to getting my new to me Gasser all tuned up and burning up some Super Techniplate castor oil!