Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Other...

Old 05-24-2016, 05:20 PM

Default Double checking year of my bike

My bike is road registered in the UK on a 56 plate (registered middle of 2006) so I thought the bike was a 2006 but after looking on eBay I noticed my front plastics match the 2007 bike and not the 06.

Pics of my bike:

Old 05-24-2016, 06:14 PM
Super Moderator

http://uk.vin-info.com/

Look up the VIN and see what it tells you. From the pictures it definitely looks like an 07 model, but that's not to say it wasn't built in 06. Quite often Gas Gas would release and updated model later in the year which they would call their race model and have a few upgraded parts and elements from the next years build.

What forks are they? Look to be coated or fitted from something else.

Edit: Found this one - http://motoprofi.com/motospecspictur..._300-2006.html

Info suggests they came with Marzocchi and Ohlins forks, and pictures match yours as well as listing as an 06. I'd be inclined to say it was an 06 Race model and came with the better suspension package and planned upgrades for 07 chassis.
Old 05-24-2016, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
http://uk.vin-info.com/

Look up the VIN and see what it tells you. From the pictures it definitely looks like an 07 model, but that's not to say it wasn't built in 06. Quite often Gas Gas would release and updated model later in the year which they would call their race model and have a few upgraded parts and elements from the next years build.

What forks are they? Look to be coated or fitted from something else.
Are gas gas like other manufacturers and release the next year model in the middle of the previous year? E.g 2007 bikes in the middle of 2006? If so that would make sense to my bike being 07 but registered as 56.

Also I don't have the VIN available to me right now but I will get it and do it that way. I don't know what forks they are, have you noticed anything else? I've only had the bike for a few weeks.

Edit: Is there anyway for me to find out if the chassis changes applied to my bike will support the 2011 plastics? I know the 2007 bikes support them but I don't want to go buying 2011 plastics if I need a subframe too.
Old 05-24-2016, 07:47 PM
Super Moderator

Your bike is rocking the 07 plastics, therefore must have the 07 subframe. Pretty sure the 07 plastics wouldn't fit. It appears your fuel tank is also a single moulded piece. Not sure which year they changed from the 2 piece to a single but it's something else you could check.

The forks look like Ohlins to me.

It's a nice tidy looking bike you have. Once the engines sorted she should give you many happy hours riding mate!
Old 05-24-2016, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Your bike is rocking the 07 plastics, therefore must have the 07 subframe. Pretty sure the 07 plastics wouldn't fit. It appears your fuel tank is also a single moulded piece. Not sure which year they changed from the 2 piece to a single but it's something else you could check.

The forks look like Ohlins to me.

It's a nice tidy looking bike you have. Once the engines sorted she should give you many happy hours riding mate!
Cool thanks! I got it for ?800 (around $1,100) which is half the price they sell for on eBay so I don't mind putting money into it which is why I am looking at making it look like a 2011 bike

I will post back tomorrow with the VIN if I have trouble decoding it.
Old 05-25-2016, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munch View Post
Cool thanks! I got it for ?800 (around $1,100) which is half the price they sell for on eBay so I don't mind putting money into it which is why I am looking at making it look like a 2011 bike

I will post back tomorrow with the VIN if I have trouble decoding it.

You got a bargain at that price. I paid more than that for my 2000 model 3 weeks ago! which also came from Wales.
Old 05-25-2016, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiddlesrx7 View Post
You got a bargain at that price. I paid more than that for my 2000 model 3 weeks ago! which also came from Wales.
Yeah I went hunting for the auction after I saw your thread on here . I only got it at a cheap price because it was from family and had been standing for a few years.
Old 05-25-2016, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munch View Post
Yeah I went hunting for the auction after I saw your thread on here . I only got it at a cheap price because it was from family and had been standing for a few years.
Some people have all the luck. Why can't any of my family have a bike sitting there doing nothing for me to buy for half price!
Old 05-25-2016, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiddlesrx7 View Post
Some people have all the luck. Why can't any of my family have a bike sitting there doing nothing for me to buy for half price!
Hehe. The gearbox did have some problems along with the shock needing a service and carb needing a rejet so it wasn't only 800 but still very happy with it. Especially if it turns out to be 07!
Old 05-26-2016, 06:38 PM

My vin is VTREC2500H076****

Any suggestions on year? From what I've read in Europe GasGas use letters and H(10th) is meant to be 2007.

Last edited by Munch; 05-26-2016 at 08:45 PM.