Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > United Kingdom

Old 12-18-2008, 03:35 PM

Default Who thinks we need a UK Gasgas forum?

As above?

Does anyone fancy it?

Old 12-22-2008, 12:11 PM

yh that would be brill , add links as for me it is quite hard to find pattern parts like discs for one, again would be good to get a uk one
Old 12-23-2008, 09:16 AM

Absolutely got to keep the GG badge flying to keep the orange mob off our back.
Also be handy to have some contacts in the uk bit of technical help too.

Do it!!!!
Old 12-23-2008, 02:36 PM
Administrator

If you get more traffic in this sub-forum - I can break it up for you into parts, dealers, tech info, etc.

Frankly, I wish you wouldn't "go elsewhere" - this forum meets the needs of the english speaking gasgas community fairly well - with many members from the u.k., new zealand, australia and the u.s. If you break it up you lose the ability to reach "critical mass".

One advantage of this site is that it is "not for profit" - actually operates at quite a loss. My reason for spending time here is to help gasgas riders and also help the gasgas dealers. I contribute alot of my own funds to keep it going - e.g. $400-ish a year for advertising to keep it at the top of the search engines, etc. This forum provides visibility for gasgas distributors and dealers at a very very low cost - I suggest a $50 contribution per year for sponsorship. We have gotten very good financial contributions from Gofasters and Claude Giguere this year - but I need to get a little more organized and recruit some sponsors from various geographical regions (u.k./australia/new zealand).

Also, compared to "other forums", because we are non-profit, you won't see a "store" where we make money on parts and sell bikes. We don't compete with and hurt your local dealer - we contribute to his health and well being.

Some dealers/vendors I have provided sponsorship because they have very graciouisly helped out members here in their efforts to compete in the six days (gnarlyparts & hyde racing as examples).

Jeff
Old 12-23-2008, 08:55 PM
Administrator

P.S. I forgot to express my thanks to Nick at cycle pro 775 in my comments above. He stepped forward and sponsored Roscoe (senior expert enduro class winner in Washington) and has helped many others here with technical expertise plus more...

Back on the topic of meeting the needs of U.K. riders - I will contact John Shirt of GasGas U.K. to discuss how we can do more here to support the U.K. crowd and the U.K. gasgas dealer network.

jeff
Old 12-26-2008, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
P.S. I forgot to express my thanks to Nick at cycle pro 775 in my comments above. He stepped forward and sponsored Roscoe (senior expert enduro class winner in Washington) and has helped many others here with technical expertise plus more...

Back on the topic of meeting the needs of U.K. riders - I will contact John Shirt of GasGas U.K. to discuss how we can do more here to support the U.K. crowd and the U.K. gasgas dealer network.

jeff
I did'nt mean to take anything away from here, it's a great forum and I think always will be. It's just, for me, the U.S. hold so much clout and the demarnd is so much higher over there that suplyers will concentrate in that market. It just annoys me when I see the amount support and the low part prices on web sites over there.

I myself have just bought a 2008' ec 250, which has been quite abused and therefore has needed a bit of money spending on it, i'm sure it would'nt have been as much if I was in the U.S.

I think if we could get more traffic in the U.K. forum area this could be a great help, and I will promote it a s much as I can in other U.K. dirtbike forums. But as for parts, maybe the GGRC could help us out? I have bought thing from the U.S. for my old bike from Gofaster via ebay, it would be nice if buying things from U.S. suppliers were a little easyer. Maybe some shipping discounts for GGRC forum users?

Thanks, and keep up the good work.

I have not time to run a forum anyway
Old 01-07-2009, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johns2394 View Post
yh that would be brill , add links as for me it is quite hard to find pattern parts like discs for one, again would be good to get a uk one
tell me about it, i just purchased a new rear brake disc. £58, i was told the back end of a gasgas are same design as the kawasaki kx, but could not find a kawasaki kx anywhere, to check brake sizes and measurements,
Old 01-07-2009, 10:31 AM

Default Yes Pees I'll ave a tenners worth

Can we have a Pampera Page too?

I find the yahoo one so rubbish

NLL
Old 01-08-2009, 01:31 PM

Smile Brake supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenutt View Post
tell me about it, i just purchased a new rear brake disc. £58, i was told the back end of a gasgas are same design as the kawasaki kx, but could not find a kawasaki kx anywhere, to check brake sizes and measurements,
Hi, re brakes, I have used Brakes4U.co.uk for disks and pads and hoses and they are really good value. EBC front disk and the good MX type pads for about 64 quid delivered.

Also bought for my KDX and was impressed with value.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:52 AM

yes!! did the uk forum happen or no