Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 02-23-2008, 04:39 AM

Default Jetting question.

Gday guys. Ok I have an 07 EC300 which I took out the other day and found an issue with my jetting. Currently I'm running the following setup:
#7 slide
178 main
48 pilot
LTR kit needle on the 3rd clip
The temp would have been in the high 80s to mid 90s. This I think would be the hottest i have ridden in with the Gasser. Anyway. From 3/4 throttle to wide open it seemed almost like it was missing. The rest of the throttle revved clean. After pulling the plug it was a touch white with no fouling or wet look at all. My thinking is that I need to go up to a 180 main and after that maybe down to the 4th clip from the top on the needle (if the main jet doesnt fix it completely.) Does this sound about right ???
Thanks in advance guys.
Ben.

Last edited by bens25au; 02-23-2008 at 06:11 AM.

Old 02-23-2008, 06:56 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

See the chart here: http://www.gasgasrider.org/gallery//...2&limit=recent for some ideas.

It does seem that you are lean, but you should get richer as it gets warmer and not leaner?????

I'm wondering if you have an air leak because your jetting looks pretty good. I may be wrong, but it's worth checking. Spray some carb cleaner around the boots on both sides of the carb and around the cylinder and listen for changes in idle.
Old 02-23-2008, 05:57 PM

Thanks for the link. I checked it but there isnt really anything there with similar temps at sea level. I went to the 180 main and went for a lap of the block. Its pretty close to the same temp today and it seemed to make minimal if any change. I will play with the needle a bit and post my setup when its sorted right. Im thinking it must have been lean since i put the LTR kit through it..... ive just been too much of a girl with the throttle to notice it. For the record.....I only really noticed it after changing the plug from the 'Denso W24ESR-U' to a 'NGK R BR8EG' Something else that just came to mind....We went up slightly in elevation and temp which should have made it run more rich, would the float height cause a lean condition if it was set a touch low ? (makes sense with the bigger main jet not making a difference.)

Last edited by bens25au; 02-23-2008 at 08:09 PM.