Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 02-21-2008, 11:51 PM

Leon

I figured how to royate the carb so I can get at the jets. It is a tight fit, had to give a hard push to the carb against the fuel tank so it could rotate.

All is O.K. now!!

Old 02-26-2008, 11:40 AM

Default N1EG #2 Needle Setting

Hi Leon

I ran the following settings in the weekend:

pj 42
mj 175
Nieg #3

Temperature was between 17 to 23 C and the bike ran very strong with good low to mid response and screaming on top. The off idle to 1/8 throttle opening was rich and I had gone out to 3 turns on the air screw but the sputter wouldn't go away.... so I dropped the needle to #2 and sputter went away with air screw 2 out and the power and response was unchanged.

BTW I tried the CCK needle with a 178 main #3 and bike ran rich throughout the mid and only cleaned out at full open.

I wonder if the settings on this forum are for fuel rates that are in the USA because all the two-strokes in Greece always run leaner settings than the ones at the states. I cannot believe that a company as Gasgas send out their products with wrong jetting. I suppose every bike has to be set up to the riding areas and available fuels and the jets supplied with the bike can work.

I use pump gas 98 to 100 octane and 1:50 oil ratio. The americans tend to go to the leaner 40:1 oil ratio and 93 octane fuel, maybe that is why the base settings are richer to compensate for the different oil ratio.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:49 AM

Hi!

Yes, I think the petrol specs are different in America and Europe but not much. GMP's setting is quite similar to mine if you take into account the colder temps here in Finland. The petrol in Finland is the same as in Greece (unleaded 95 and 98, and 100 from Shell). Only in winter here they change the specs but not much.

Personally yesterday I put in a 185 main after the 190 because during the MX practice (+3 C) I got black spooge all over the swingarm (below the exhaust junction) and a lot at the end of the silencer. For this practice I reduced to allmost nothing the ethanol additive to the petrol because anyway I guide warm air from the cylinder to the carb boot. This made the jetting even richer. I also covered the "air guides" of one of the radiators with tape to help the engine stay warm enough (even though there is thermostat). Tomorrow I will test the new main. I left the EF needle at #4. I too use 2% oil (Castrol TTS) and 98 unleaded petrol.

I think you should go to a 40 pilot and put the needle back to #3. The hesitation you describe I understand it to be caused from a rich pilot. Check the plug also when doing these tests. 175 and EG #2 feels lean for me on a 07/08.

Leon