Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 11-24-2006, 08:30 PM

Thumbs up Klim Riding Gear

Guys you have got to get some of these new pants! These are over the boot pants and work very well. I can't speak enough about this gear. They are made by Klim, which for you Northern folks you might have heard of them because they started out making sled gear.

A guy I ride with here in Houston has 2 pairs and has had them for quite some time now, and they are holding up well. They make 2 different kinds of riding pants. For us folks that ride in the heat the Moab pants work best, they are vented quite well. Then they have the Revolt pants which are non vented for you colder riding folks.

I have some Carey Hart Fox over the boot pants that work good except for the fact that they have velcro to close up the bottom of the pants so when they get wet or muddy the velcro comes undone and you end up snagging your legs or not being able to move your feet around on the pegs because your pants have gotten hung up.

I don't stand alot when riding but man when I stood up today I could feel the breeze coming thru the vents on the pants. I even bought one of their jerseys and was impressed with it also. Their gloves from what I hear fit a little small but they are velcroless.

Click on the link below for their home page.

www.klimusa.com

Link to the pants.
http://www.klimusa.com/products.php?newTheme=dirt

Old 11-24-2006, 08:44 PM

Sizing up to 40? Probably more than 30 years since that would work for me! Oh well, I have heard good things about them, just will never know firsthand.

Bruce
Old 11-25-2006, 01:59 PM

i sold Klim for a couple of years. very nice stuff. it's pricey but worth it.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:19 AM

The New Kilm Mojave pants are move vented then the Moab pants. I love my MOAB pants but will probably ask the wife to get me some Mojave pants for next years Christmas.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Escape View Post
Sizing up to 40? Probably more than 30 years since that would work for me! Oh well, I have heard good things about them, just will never know firsthand.

Bruce
Ya, I get tired of companies not making them in the size that I need. I have gotten some of the Moose Racing Sahara gear and love it. It also comes in a size that I need. The first time that I had it on and stood up, it felt like I didn't have anything at all on...

Click Me for I am a Link!!!

'03 GasGas FSE 400
'97 Honda CR 250
'02 Honda VFR800
Old 06-27-2008, 12:08 AM

I can attest for the new Mojave over the boot pant and jersey. Very well made and rugged. Best summer combo I know of.
'01 XR440
'09 FZ1
Old 06-27-2008, 08:12 AM

I have been using the Klim pants for a few years now and have 2 pairs of over the boot style which I like very much. The original Revolt and the newer Dakar. I don't see going back to an in the boot style pant although I have 2 brand new pairs which I will use up somehow.

Revolt has been really good with my one big complaint being the bottom cuff was not adjustable for closure. This has caused problems on occasion with the cuff catching on my kick starter and also on the footpegs. Sounds weird but it happens and usually at the worst of times. Stiching on the butt area has worn through/off but the pants are staying together. Interesting.

Dakar I thought was going to be the solution to my cuff problems. It has adjustable closure so you can snug it up but unfortunately it's with velcro. Very wet muddy rides and it gets filled with mud and they stop holding and you end up with big loose flaps. Not good. For some reason the inside bottom part of the right cuff area has worn all the way through very badly and quickly as well. Stitching in the butt area on these has also worn through very fast but the pants are holding together.

Even with these issues I would get them again. The pants are very nice overall, with some excellent features and venting options available. Good looking to boot with nice understated styling IMO. The size 34 Revolts (original pants) are tighter around the waist than the newer size 34 Dakars. This was not good as the Revolts were almost too exact in size. Klim will tell you this and hense the change to the slightly roomier size with their newer pants.

I think Klim needs to rethink the velcro closure system at the bottom and improve/change the cuff material on the inside at the botton as well. Not sure about the butt stitching issue, maybe it's just my fat arse and the fanny pack rubbing on that area causing the problem.

Skidad

Last edited by Skidad; 06-29-2008 at 05:24 PM.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:33 AM

Having switched to OTB pants several years ago when Sinisalo had the D-Lux pants that were not baggy. In general I found that OTB pants are cooler in the summer and have just enough room for layers when it's cold. I am very interested in trying the Klim gear next.

2005 GasGas EC300 (Ohlins front and rear)
2007 Yamaha FZ1
2003 Pampera 280(hers)
Old 06-28-2008, 06:10 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

My only issue with OTB pants is the inseam. At 32" I will have a ton of pant waded up on my boots.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:14 PM

OK Boom. I'm taking your word for these. I ordered some Moabs.

09 Husaberg FE450
08 GasGas DE300
07 TM EN300
07 GasGas TXT Pro 280