Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 03-03-2015, 01:12 PM

Default Wossner Piston Kit from North Tahoe Motorsports

I did a little video:
http://youtu.be/4S3xQ51sws8

The Wossner with pin, clips and piston rings weighs in at 10.25 ounces. The OEM weighs in at 10.50 ounces.

You can see less material on the Wossner then the OEM Piston. Will this allow me to get 5,000 miles...I have no clue. However I might check this piston next winter or into the 2016 season just to see how everything looks. Obviously with this many miles at some point I might need to do the Cylinder or get a S3 head. But the cylinder looked great with the cross hatching still in place. (I still need to put that video together however I did make great progress last night and I'm pretty close to getting the Gas Gas buttoned up and fired up.

Note to others: I'm better at putting bolts/nuts into containers however I recommend marking the containers still a lot of "WTF is this bolt for went on" and I tell you that really slows you down. Not to mention I need to come up with a better layout on my side of the garage and face the fact that I will never be parking in the garage again (my cage that is). So I think I will finish my side and build a heavy duty bench this coming summer (plus makes for a lot better place to place the containers of bolts/nuts then the floor which then I trip over and play which container does this go into again).

Bought from: Bob Piper
North Tahoe Motorsports
Email: ntms1@sbcglobal.net
http://www.ebay.com/usr/n.tahoemotor...p2047675.l2559
*I had him invoice me with Paypal which means you don't need to sign into your account on Paypal but can still use the same credit card (it's linked to my wife's account) so just ask Bob to invoice you plus not going through ebay he was happy to save me the fee's he would have to pay otherwise to them.

Also to note: Bob is a guy that supports our trails, which always makes me happy to support businesses like his, we talked awhile on the phone.

Old 03-03-2015, 02:48 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Good notes, and I agree that Bob is top notch to work with. He has almost everything Gasser related in stock, and if not, it's only a couple of days out. Plus he's quick with technical advice due to his experience wrenching and racing the brand for a number of years. He does tend to give you "tolerances" instead of "do exactly this," which is nice when you ask open-ended questions. However, if you want to know exactly where to set the piston height or squish, he simply says "it works in this range, with these characteristics." Which I appreciate, knowing that variables exist.
Old 03-03-2015, 02:55 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I had to take my Woosner fitted top end off to replace a weeping base gasket. about 2 years in (I only ride once a month though) & it is mint & rings were well inside spec almost as new.
'22 765 Street Triple RS
'21 XTrainer
'69 Stinger T125 Suzuki
'23 TRS 250RR (it's a Trials thing)