Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > NorthEast United States

NorthEast United States East of the Mississippi River & North of Mason/Dixon Line

Old 03-17-2007, 07:06 AM

Default Sandy Lane enduro, NJ

Anyone else going ? I'm 57A.

Got 12" of snow last night up here. It's gonna be a LONG drive down.

Old 03-17-2007, 08:50 AM

This is the first time in years I will not be there. NO BIKE. Its usually a good enduro, challenging but not a ballbuster, which is fine with me lately.

I'm in north Jersey and we got about 8"-10" of snow and ice pellets, but south Jersey got mostly rain. Wet sand is awesome! Just be carefull of the swampy sections, especially on your number. Good luck and ride smart.
Old 03-17-2007, 09:19 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Good luck Brian.
Old 03-17-2007, 11:10 AM

good luck brian,surprised you got such an early row #! pretty sure the locals get the early rows,the only one thing I dont like about the sandy lane enduro is that most of the local riders who know all the trails around there,dont stay on the trail markers,they seem to know you can blitz straight ahead for miles while I zig zag through the forest,with no leaves on the trees and fairly flat terrain it looks very easy to make up time,at one point it was like the indy 500 with bikes everywhere around me just going straight ahead instead of following the trail,only to realize most were guys I had passed earlier in the section
Old 03-19-2007, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fury1 View Post
good luck brian,surprised you got such an early row #! pretty sure the locals get the early rows,the only one thing I dont like about the sandy lane enduro is that most of the local riders who know all the trails around there,dont stay on the trail markers,they seem to know you can blitz straight ahead for miles while I zig zag through the forest,with no leaves on the trees and fairly flat terrain it looks very easy to make up time,at one point it was like the indy 500 with bikes everywhere around me just going straight ahead instead of following the trail
Last year my group had me sign up as a B (I'm definately a C) and we had an A in our group. We got row 13 somehow. I got to see some FAST riders for 8.6 miles 'til I stuffed a tree an mashed my knee. Game over.
7 hr. drive + hotel, etc., etc. for 8.6 miles and a week on crutches. Why again do we do this ? lol
I hooked onto a guy today that was cutting corners. He wasn't gaining on me though. He just looked too tired to turn. lol. I liked staying in the trees and berms. I feel like I'll loose the front end if I don't have something to push against.
I ended up 1st in C-Open with a 94. How can that be ? These guys aren't giving me much incentive to quit beer and cigs. lol
Old 03-19-2007, 03:47 AM

great job brian, that ride is not an easy one to go the distance let alone win your class,hope the gasser held up well for you!
Old 03-19-2007, 08:46 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Congrats Brian!
Old 03-19-2007, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fury1 View Post
hope the gasser held up well for you!
The bike was flawless as usual. I saw a lot of bikes overheating since the speeds are so slow in there. The gas reserve doesn't leave much. Maybe 3 trail miles worth. I got pretty nervous wondering if I'd make it back to the truck.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:01 AM

Good job! In C class, if its tough, if you just stick it out and don't quit you usually go home with something.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:20 PM

Good job Brian! Pretty sure I spotted you at the 2nd gas stop. Yellow 300, right? I was too busy stuffing my face with an energy bar and trying to recover from the A/B test section. Wedged my bike between a couple trees and after I got it out it wouldn't start. Had to change the plug at 2nd gas to get it started. Pretty sure my pilot jet is too lean. Probably should bump it up and also do a top-end.

Starting on minute 77 put me out of contention right away. Lots of slower riders to pass in the tight stuff. Quite a few were kind enough to pull over and wait a second or two, but a couple guys just didn't get the hint. Then when I'd go to pass them they'd speed up. I don't know about you, but if someone behind me is screaming "trail" and bumping my back tire I'm going to pull over. Ended up taking some very "creative" lines to get around them.

From what I calculated I dropped 79, but my math could be off and I don't remember where I put my scorecard. Not sure where I finished, but high-point in B-Sr, was a 44 so I'm probably a long ways back. In any case it was a fun ride.