Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 01-12-2017, 05:00 PM

FWIW, some of the bikes to land in Canada were "Euro Spec" and came with really weird needles and jets. If this is the case you proved that they would run. I was never sure if the bikes would blow up instantly with that set up so I pulled it out and put proven needles and jets in them before they were delivered to customers. Sounds like you have one of those EU spec jetted bikes.

Old 01-12-2017, 05:40 PM

Well I'm the third or fourth owner and I know it's been jetted just don't know how.

They may have only changed certain circuits.
Old 01-12-2017, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyR View Post
FWIW, some of the bikes to land in Canada were "Euro Spec" and came with really weird needles and jets. If this is the case you proved that they would run. I was never sure if the bikes would blow up instantly with that set up so I pulled it out and put proven needles and jets in them before they were delivered to customers. Sounds like you have one of those EU spec jetted bikes.
Do you by any chance remember what you might have put in a bike like mine?
Old 01-13-2017, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
Are you sure it isn't a 175 main?

If you don't see any markings on the needle it may be a jetting kit where the markings were removed to keep someone from copying it. e.g. old LTR jetting kit. This is a keihin needle.

If you don't know which needle it is - I would pick up a needle suggested elsewhere here - e.g. "suzuki needle" or "yamaha needle"...

With all replacement (improvement) needles - you typically run a richer pilot jet and reduce idle setting to better separate the carb circuits (high/low). My experience (which is a bit dated) is that you should see a 42-45 pilot - maybe a 40 - but definitely not a 38 if things are set up "well" (given conditions are not extreme).

jeff
This is the best way jetting is explained that I have read so far. very good Jeff
Old 01-16-2017, 09:05 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
Perhaps your 145 main has been bored out? If the needle is modified the main could be too.

Sent fra min E5603 via Tapatalk
Double check and compare the "145" against a known 170 to see if it has been drilled. In a pinch I have drilled jets but I grind off the original number to avoid confusion.
Old 07-23-2018, 01:19 PM

So i'm back to riding after knee surgery. I haven't put any time into jetting the bike yet but I have recently fouled 3 plugs from riding with my kids.

The temperature here has been quite high for the past few weeks witch could be one reason for the plugs fouling more than usual (fouled only 1 in the first two years).

Since I usualy ride with my kids now I rarely go over 1/2 throtle.

Yesterday, after some normal kid speed riding we stopped at the truck for a break but I took off down the dirt road to try to ''clean up'' my bike. It runs great at WOT. After that the silencer smoked for a while, Im guessing the heat caused from WOT running was burning up the excess unburnt gas and oil. It ran better after doing this and for the rest of the ride I hung out at the back of the group and let them go for a while before going to catch up, this allowed me to run at higher speeds with more throtle. The bike definetly likes been riden that way. I also noticed that there was some spooge running down the outside of the silencer for the first time since I've had the bike.

Would I be wrong in thinking at low speeds and 0 to 1/2 throtle i'm too rich?
Old 07-23-2018, 03:46 PM
Administrator

Where is your idle screw set? Is it dialed all the way in to the point of being "coil bound"?

jeff
Old 07-23-2018, 04:52 PM

It almost is screwed in all the way yes. However it is idling a bit high and holding that speed without stalling.

I looked this up for like 30 mins and didn’t find anything that convinced me, would anybody know if next 220 jets are from the same series as what is in the as2. I have some left over jets (42 pilot and 145 main) from my previous bike that I could do a comparison with.
Old 07-24-2018, 05:19 PM

Here’s some pics of two 145 jets side by side. Can’t see much but the one in my bike definitely hasn’t been bored out.

Here’s a pic of the nameless needles top. Notice the dab of dark blue colouring.

I’m gonna go ahead and order some Necw and nedw needles. What main would be recommended to go along with them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-25-2018, 02:38 AM

The needle in the pic is a JD_blue and its a very good needle, probably one of the best.

Which bike is it, model year and which carb? (Keihin 36 or 38).

Assuming its a 300 with a 38 Keihin start with PJ 42, MJ 172, JD_blue clip #2 (as you said its hot). Set AS to 1,75 turns out. Make sure your idle is super low so that the bike stalls from time to time.
High idle settings negatively affect the idle circuit...

edit: seen its a 300/11 Dunno what the factory set up was, so above said is valid for the new models. You could ask JD which MJ he recommends, a 145 seems to lean for my understanding but might work on a 2011.
The needle is worn and that leaves room for assuming that the needle jet may be worn too. You need to check that.