Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 04-21-2010, 05:22 AM

Default needing HELP

Alright guys I went out this last weekend to ride my 01 ec250, it started just fine but when I got to about mid throttle it would start to act like it was flooding out. (this did not matter if it was in nutral or in gear) It happened to be before but it was the powervalve arm had come loose. I have already checked that and it was still in tact. At one point when I was messing with it, I got it to act normal, but this was because I had the fuel line off and it was running out of gas in the carb. So that leads me to believe that my problem is the carb.

The last time I worked on my bike (which was last week) I changed the oil, cleaned the carb, and changed the clutch plates.

So is there any information on what might be going on, before the work that I did on it, it was running perfectly fine. I have check the clutch plates and they are put in correctly. Maybe I did something wrong when reassembling the carb.

Please Help.... I want to do someriding.

Old 04-21-2010, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jriley43 View Post
At one point when I was messing with it, I got it to act normal, but this was because I had the fuel line off and it was running out of gas in the carb. So that leads me to believe that my problem is the carb.
I think you have answered your own question. I would pull the carb back apart and use compressed air to be sure all of the jets and air bleeds are free then double-check the float setting. If you don't have an air compressor get a can of brake-Kleen from the parts store or a can of compressed air from Staples (or some other office store). Never use wire to clear the orofices as it can actually plug the holes by packing the gunk it scrapes.

'00 XC250 (mine)
LTS front and rear suspension, power valve cover, carb jet kit and rear chain glide, RB Designs head mod, BRP tall triple clamp, backyard foot-peg lowering conversion.
'04 EC250 (the kids)
(he can do his own mods haha!)
Old 04-21-2010, 06:06 AM
Super Moderator

Ya what he said....
07 TXT 280
77 TY175
Old 04-21-2010, 06:15 AM

thanks for the reply.... That is what I thought also, but I just wanted to double check with you all to make sure I am not heading down the wrong trail.... I will let you all know the outcome.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:23 AM

It wouldn't surprise me if you pulled the float bowl and found the main jet laying loose in the bottom. I've had those same symptoms, and found that result, before. At lower throttle setting where the needle is controlling the mixture, it'll still work with no main jet, but as the taper of the needle comes into play, so does the main jet, and if it's (the MJ) just a big wide open hole, you're gonna act like it's flooding out (because it is).
Just another quick, easy-to-check (through the float bowl drain plug) possibility.

Tim H
multi-time victim of Murphy's Law
Old 04-21-2010, 11:54 PM

Check that the low voltage wires are connected correctly.
Mine had come loose and eaten into the connection resulting in next to no open throttle power.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:16 AM

ok finally got to work on my bike, took carb off and looked it over everything looks to be fine... decided to check reeds out and found a reed completely broke in half. Have reeds on order....