Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 12-18-2007, 10:16 PM

Default New GG Owner

Just bought a 01 GG EC250. I came home tonight and ripped all the graphics off of it and gave it a good cleaning. I will be upgrading the plastics soon and hopefully converting it to a 300. I am glad to be on a 2t again. Sold my 07 Orange 250 XC-F last month. This thread would be worthless without pics, so below are a few. She definitely needs some TLC, but that's half the fun of owning a bike.

Cheers,
Matt

Old 12-18-2007, 10:35 PM
Banned

congrats. the 01 is a fine bike ,first gasser i owned was a 2001 i loved it
Old 12-18-2007, 10:57 PM

Default Upgrades

The Gassers are such great bikes, but the REALLY cool thing is all the aftermarket stuff you can do that ACTUALY improves the performance.

All you should need to upgrade to a 300 is a 300cc jug, head, O-ring head gaskets and a piston kit. (theres no replacement for displacement) I ordered my stuff frpm GoFasters. It will take a little time because they are ordering the parts from Spain.

I added a lot of LT Racing goodies, like PowerValve cover(improved low end torque), Clutch MC guard and Pri. chain guard (prevent damage from chain breakage), Needle and jet kit(overall therottle response improvement), and finaly Rear Chain guide(reduced noise from chain-slap).

I also had RBD reshape my head for a closer Squishband clearence. This was magical !! Everything just got better with this mod. Most impressive was the change in gas milage. If your Gasser does not have the Squishband mod your waisting a ton of fuel. My bike ate a whole tank of gas in just two to three hours of mellow riding (break in ride) before I sent my head to Ron. Afterwerds I am only using about a gallon in the same amount of time. I am learning to not mix as much fuel for my Gasser as I do for the Honda. I am sure that the engine is better too, but with the PV cover and jet kit its hard to tell.

I can hardly wait to get that 300 jug !!!

Welcome to the famdamly ducncover.
Old 12-19-2007, 06:13 PM

Great bike. I also like the Duc!
Old 12-19-2007, 07:59 PM

Thanks. I took the bike into my local dealer today to have it thoroughly gone over. The bike had not been ridden in over a year and was extremely sluggish off the bottom. I should get it back tomorrow. I wish I had more time to wrench on it myself, but with the kids out of school we have been doing stuff for them. I will be taking it on Christmas vacation to my inlaws so my son and I can ride. I will post a ride report soon. I still can't get over how light the bike is and can't wait to rip through the gears.