Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 07-25-2011, 02:24 PM

Red is the power color. Stays looking good too. My all white XR and Husky looked old quickly. I personally like the red/black combos, like the '05s and the '10s. Maybe try a silver in the color scheme next, they haven't done that yet. Say what you want about KTMs, but they hold their appearance. They look just as crappy after a season as they do new. Just kidding.. They really do hold up well.

Old 07-31-2011, 09:30 AM

Sold my Duc, so I'll likely be a '12 early adopter.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:55 AM

Very nice!!
Old 08-01-2011, 04:14 PM

here,the video oficial presentation

http://youtu.be/k6zoIskKg_Q
Old 08-01-2011, 09:22 PM

me and a buddy were talking about colors last year when they decided to make all the bikes red and thought they were working toward the branding of the bike to make it more recognizable. ktm has orange, honda red, kawi green, and gasgas whatever strikes the factory that year! i like the anticipation of seeing what there coming out with every year but i think its hard to get people to notice the brand image if the colors change so drastically every year. i had a guy ask my riding buddy if my 2010 nambotin was a chinese knock off obviously an extremely uneducated guy(i laughed my ass off) but my point being all the other lines are quite recognizable at a glance and this helps marketablity and sales (one would think)
Old 08-01-2011, 11:01 PM

The colour thing is a good point, but there arent really any sensible colours left to choose. red, blue, green, yellow, orange, all gone. I guess maybe black or white? and no one would buy one if they chose pink or purple. It doesnt really bother me that much, people can think whatever they like about what I ride, if they think its a chinese knock off, well then, they will get passed by a chinese knock off
Old 08-02-2011, 10:13 AM

The 2011's had the look spot on. The black 2010's were kinda cheesy looking but they got it right in 2011. They should stick with that look for awhile. Not a huge fan of the white frame when compared to the red frame. The red frame could be the distiguishing factor for GasGas for years..Most brands dont just keep changing colors for the hell of it. My friend that knows nothing about GasGas said that the 2011 was the first bike from them that looked like a real competitor, all the older ones just looked kinda dated compared o jap bikes and other euro competition.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:02 AM
Banned

Showed this pic of the 2012 Gasser to my die hard honda riding buddy, I quote,"that is one good looking machine, I might be interested"! Coming from him that is huge! Only because he is one of the sheep that follows whatever the heavy hitters are riding.

I like the black, red and this new white frame. I think it has set them apart from every jap bike with that stupid looking aluminum perimeter frame. I'm getting tired of seeing that frame.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:42 AM
Banned

This is the whole problem with a Six Days bike. If you commerate the country's flag colors it may not go well with the red color scheme so they have to build a bike that goes away from the main red color. In the US the bikes will only be red (unless the Replica bikes are some other color.)
Old 08-03-2011, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDBiker220 View Post
. The red frame could be the distiguishing factor for GasGas for years..Most brands dont just keep changing colors for the hell of it. My friend that knows nothing about GasGas said that the 2011 was the first bike from them that looked like a real competitor, all the older ones just looked kinda dated compared o jap bikes and other euro competition.
I think CDBiker may be onto something here. The frame color could possibly be used as the trigger that grabs people's attention. This was certainly the case back when the frames were nickle plated (CD's friend must have never seen a 1999-2003 gasser). Older guys on here will remember how beautiful and desirable the old Metise Triumphs, BSAs, and Bultacos were. Metise (spelling?) was an aftermarket company that made plated frames.
I loved my old bike (07ec300 with 2010 plastics) it looked and ran great but I just had to have one of those new red framed bikes.