Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 12-28-2007, 11:58 AM

Its an 03 450 but its the Supermoto version so dunno if I even have the same hubs, looks like the same fork mountings tho. The parts diagrams are hard to see what is what and the spanish to english translations sucks on some stuff!

Here is a shot of my front wheel, I bought a trailtech vapor unit but its a PITA for the wheel sensor and cant see any way to make it work so I am gonna try and do it the factory way. Otherwise I will try the trailtech on the rear wheel. I have heard the magnet likes to fall of tho.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IM001193rs.jpg (56.8 KB, 25 views)

Old 12-28-2007, 12:06 PM

Found the part numbers now just gotta make sure it works cause it doesnt start showing it until 04...guess I can check the hub and caliper bracket part numbers.

Just checked and they are the same, now I get to order some more parts!

Thanks for the help!!
Old 12-28-2007, 12:22 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Plus you have the Ohlins forks. Not sure how that changes everything.

Nothing is impossible, just keep it simple! Good luck.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:10 AM

Well I took a look at the bike today and cant see where it would thread into the caliper bracket at all. I do have the spot on my hub to mount the magnet bracket tho.

Any actual SM owners out there that can snap some photos for me?
Old 05-06-2008, 03:17 AM

Default Speedo Problem

I just bought an 04 GG FSE 450 Supermoto yesterday.

Ive been having some speedo issues right off the bat that are scaring me. The guy i bought it from said the bike had 580 total miles right? So i got it home and the odometer and speedo dont work. I was kindof pissed about that because (though the bike is in perfect condition) i hate knowing that there is a possibility i just bought a bike with more milage than it reads which really pisses me off.

I noticed the sensor on the end of the speedo cable when passing by the magnet on the rotor was quite far away. I attempted to loosen the nut that holds it tight to the bracket and the piece fell off in my hands. (I was trying to see if the sensor just was too far away to give me a speed reading) It was broken. I am assuming this is the problem but under further inspection im not sure this is the only problem.

I took out my manual for the bike and it said to scroll through the different modes on the speedo which were:

1. Speedometer
2. Speed
3. Total Distance
4. Trip Distance

Which would be cool if my speedo read anything like that. Also what is the difference between the speedometer and speed? ITS THE SAME F***** thing? My speed reads zero no matter how fast I ride and the milage does not increase no matter how far I go. I cannot find out why this is happening. I dont know if its the sensors, or the speedo itself. I checked all the connections and they are all fine except for the broken part I discovered when trying to adjust it.

The reason I dont just think it this problem is caused by the broken part is that my speedo reads nothing like it says in the manual. The modes arent the same and dont do what they are supposed to do.

Mine reads like this as i scroll through the modes:

1.) 12:45 (Current Time of day)
2.) 582 (Total Milage does not increase)
3.) 0.0 (I dont know. Doesnt do anything Maybe trip meter but of course it doesnt work if the speedo cable is broken.)
4.) |- 0 (speedometer which doesnt work)

Thats what my bike reads.

The manual says ,"The initial display is the clock. (time) if you press mode the display goes:" and then lists the options i listed before that dont match up with the ones I have. (Since i consider Speedometer and Speed the same thing)

Also I only have 4 modes. The "initial" mode does not exist as if it was always going to revert back to show me the time or someting. There are 4 modes only and whatever mode you leave it on is where it stays.

I am super worried because I want my bike to reflect the actual milage and i want to figure out if this guy is trying to pull one over on me by tampering with the odometer so it would read less miles than it actually has.

I just need help figuring this whole situation all out. I need to know how to work the tach on my bike and the manual is weird and doesnt make sense. How is speed and speedometer a different thing? I have a clock and a speedometer. On my bike neither of them show my speed so how am I supposed to know the difference?

I am also going to try and replace the battery tomorrow and get another cable or sensor.

I dont know if anybody has had any problems with these or has any knowledge of what I can do about it but I really need help. I need to figure out if this bike has been tampered with or if it is just some sort of defect or possibly and hopefully just operator error.

Please help!!!