Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:08 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Default 2010 Isde

I was just checking out the offroadchampions website and noticed that the 2010 ISDE could be in either Mexico or USA! Wow. If that's the case, do you realize how infrequent that is! I think it's time to start thinking about ISDE again. The question is, what to ride? I know how grueling this event is. It will require a new bike. I'll have to dig out the old sponsor list and mail out some resume's. I realize this is two years out, but it's an incredible opportunity to do this on our hemisphere. I missed the ISDE in Tulsa. I didn't even know about it until it was already happening. I was too young, and didn't really know about enduro racing yet.

OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs

Old 01-17-2008, 10:50 AM

Dam that would be so cool. I was in high school in 1973 when the six days was in my own backyard of Massachusetts. I didn't go because I was to worried about failing spanish. Failed it anyway LOL.

Totally missed the one in Tulsa...just stupid me.

If it's close again hopefully the 3rd times the charm and I get to go watch/help?

Skidad in MA
Old 01-17-2008, 10:52 AM

Wow. Someplace we can drive to...

If it's mexico or western U.S., I'll pick up a camper for my small-ish pickup, a 1 ton crewcab longbed , and maybe a slightly bigger trailer and we are "good to go".

jeff
aka webmaster...
Old 01-17-2008, 12:16 PM

Hancock, NY would be nice.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:40 PM
Site Sponsor

If the Six Days was to come to the North America again keep the following in mind. It takes a minimum of 500 riders for a promoter/country to put on an ISDE and not lose money. Normally the Europeans only send around 150 to 200 riders to a Six Says when it is outside of their continent so the rest of the riders would have to come form North and South America.

Back in 94 the US had 40 riders that qualified to run the Tulsa Six Days through the Qualifier series (there were 8 two-day qualifiers that year and your best 6 days contounted toward your qualifier score.) They also had a "buy in" that allowed 160 riders to just pay a $500 fee and compete in one of the US qualifiers to ride. The latter was the easiest but you didn't get a free Aria Skunk Stripe helmet for qualifying like the qualified riders got.

That year (in Tulsa) Team USA pit support was only available for the two trophy teams and a three rider "high power" club team, the rest of the riders had to arrainge their own pit support.

Each three rider club team had to work out the logistics of pitting for their three riders. District 36/37 ? (California?) pooled their resources and supported their riders (something like 40 riders I believe) at each pit.

At least thats how I remember it.

If you want to ride and aren't able to qualify I'm sure you could come up with an alternative way of riding the event at least its cheaper.

I've attended 21 Six Days as a working Photojournalist
Old 01-17-2008, 02:08 PM

Rumor has the U.S. venue would be in South Carolina.
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 01-17-2008, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkyboy View Post
If the Six Days was to come to the North America again keep the following in mind. It takes a minimum of 500 riders for a promoter/country to put on an ISDE and not lose money. Normally the Europeans only send around 150 to 200 riders to a Six Says when it is outside of their continent so the rest of the riders would have to come form North and South America.

Back in 94 the US had 40 riders that qualified to run the Tulsa Six Days through the Qualifier series (there were 8 two-day qualifiers that year and your best 6 days contounted toward your qualifier score.) They also had a "buy in" that allowed 160 riders to just pay a $500 fee and compete in one of the US qualifiers to ride. The latter was the easiest but you didn't get a free Aria Skunk Stripe helmet for qualifying like the qualified riders got.

That year (in Tulsa) Team USA pit support was only available for the two trophy teams and a three rider "high power" club team, the rest of the riders had to arrainge their own pit support.

Each three rider club team had to work out the logistics of pitting for their three riders. District 36/37 ? (California?) pooled their resources and supported their riders (something like 40 riders I believe) at each pit.

At least thats how I remember it.

If you want to ride and aren't able to qualify I'm sure you could come up with an alternative way of riding the event at least its cheaper.

Or, just get a CDN passport, pay your money and go to the ISDE. In Canada, if you have the cash to go, you can go. We dont get enough interest to worry about qualifiers or anything like that.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:09 PM

Question

Canada sounds like fun. Where and when is the ISDE going to be up there?
Old 01-17-2008, 08:33 PM

It would be tough to get the man power required to put on a ISDE up here in Western Canada (if a offroad race has more than 100 riders that is big here.) We do have kick ass terrain though.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:29 PM

HTML Code:
It would be tough to get the man power required to put on a ISDE up
here in Western Canada (if a offroad race has more than 100 riders that is
big here.)
Crikey, we have a ride here this weekend in Taupo and its capped at 1100 riders per day. Couple of year ago they had nearly 2000 riders per day for this ride, but it was just too many. 200 to 400 riders for a day ride is normal here and we only have 3 million people in the North Island.
05 Pampera 250