Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 06-05-2022, 08:46 PM

Lightbulb 2008 EC250 - Salvage Existing Lighting kit or Scrap and all new?

I've spent 1.5 years completely rebuilding this 08 EC250 and I'm down to the lighting kit. This bike had a complete lighting kit with turn signals, brake lights, and all. I'm trying to sort out whether to repair the existing wiring and update to new LED headlight / tail/brake Light / new led Turn signals etc.

I'm sure someone else out there has gotten to this point with a bike and I'm just looking for some guidance. I have experience with electrical systems but I wouldn't consider myself any sort of "expert".

I think that I can get a completely new kit from Sicass Racing that will get this thing up and going all new but I also think it may make sense to use wiring / stator that is currently there and go through it to make sure I'm not just buying a bunch of spendy lighting parts and connecting them to wiring that isn't functional. There have been a few "skeptical" repairs that I've seen on the old wiring.

I've just gotten into the motorcycles again after my kids are now up and becoming little people of their own. I looked and see that the last time I posted on here was 12 years ago. Good to see you are all still out there helping people out.

Let me know what you think? Where to start? (I've got a nice Fluke tester and can sort some things out with a bit of guidance.)

If you think I'm best off to just scrap it and start new let me know. I've replaced every bearing and seal on this bike from the steering head all the way down and through every pivot and bearing and seal on the linkage, and had shock and fork completely rebuilt, all brake calipers and master cylinders have been completely disassembled and rebuilt, new wheels built by Dubya using the stock hubs. It's been a long project but I'm very close to kicking it over and going out for a little shakedown ride to start getting it dialed in.

Long post. Apologies. Any help is much appreciated.