Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 04-04-2008, 01:11 PM

Default 05 FSE450 Trim

Just wondering, I have seen some numbers around of 35-45 being good trim number for the fuel injection. I think mine came at -5 and I adjusted it to roughly 15, but it still seems really lean to me. If i crack the throttle from idle it will sometimes stall. I also get some popping on decel. This all makes it seem lean to me. The first 6 inches of the header gets red hot as well.

I believe he said he tried 25 and though it was too rich, but to me it seems like I need to go a ways on the trim to make it right.

You think 40ish would be a good number to start at?

Last edited by anathema; 04-04-2008 at 09:49 PM.

Old 04-06-2008, 09:58 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Unplug the blue/yellow wire under the back end of the tank and set trim 40-45 and you will be a happy person.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:37 AM

Default 04 Fse 450

I have an 04 FSE 450 that may or may not have what sounds like this same problem. It only has 1300 miles on it so far and is just starting to be broken in.

Problem:

-Popping on decel in low rpm's
-If I give it a good rev while idling (pretty high rpm) It will pop at the height of the rev right before it starts to wind down.

What is this trim adjustment you guys are talking about? I am fairly new to gasgas and this bike and I am curious to find out what the trim adjustment is for the fuel injection. All of the local bike shops around here keep telling me that the ONLY OPTION is to take it to somewhere that has a power commander for my bike and they can run diagnostic etc. etc. which is impossible since there are none around me.

Help me out. What is this trim all about and how do I adjust it? Furthermore, how do i know if I need to adjust it?
Old 08-19-2008, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adpartain View Post
I have an 04 FSE 450 that may or may not have what sounds like this same problem.

-Popping on decel in low rpm's
-If I give it a good rev while idling (pretty high rpm) It will pop at the height of the rev right before it starts to wind down.

Furthermore, how do i know if I need to adjust it?
Got the same popping on decel and sometimes on wind down also curious if its running lean.
Alltho sparkplug is a bit black and that would suggest its running rich which makes me confused.
Old 08-19-2008, 05:21 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Popping on decel could be exhaust leak.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:17 AM

ok will look in to that thx
Old 03-01-2009, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Unplug the blue/yellow wire under the back end of the tank and set trim 40-45 and you will be a happy person.
Nick,

Having just bought an 06 FSE I have been looking for the yel/blu wire thing. Under my seat there is a connector like thing with a blu/yel, black and brown wires. It seems to have a cap on it with nothing plugged in. I removed the black end cap and there appears to be a socket. What is this? Is it just a connection for the ECU tools?

Also the bike is quite hard to start from cold, no problem hot. Cold, the previous owner showed me the drill, it takes a press with open throttle, close throttle, press again - repeat 4 - 5 times before it catches! Just leaving the throttle closed as per manual gets no result at all. Can this be fixed by trim?

Thanks,

Last edited by iancp5; 03-01-2009 at 03:21 PM.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:24 PM

HI Ian,
the connector you discribe is the diagnostics connector to the ECU as you correctley presumed. Sounds like you bike could do with having the mixture trim adjusted. when set right it will start well both cold and hot.

Not all of the bikes came with the blue/yellow to black map selection wires. I have not seen any on the bikes we got here in NZ. The problem is that the wiring diagrams don't get changed very often from year to year and as this feature was on some early bikes it is still shown on the later wiring diagrams.

Cheers Stu
Old 03-11-2009, 05:43 AM

Ian - does that mean you did not get on well with the 200? Or have you still got it? Do you race that 450? I'm sure I will see you at the races one of these days...
'95 ish XR630 (died many times in Oz)
Old 03-11-2009, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stay_upright View Post
Ian - does that mean you did not get on well with the 200? Or have you still got it? Do you race that 450? I'm sure I will see you at the races one of these days...
Still have the 200 and it's great. Needs some more work on setup for me though. Jetting is next on the list to sort. The Rekluse behaves a bit funny in the cold (doesn't lock until oil warms) but hopefully it'll stay a bit warmer now. Might try even more Tungsten balls. Have a problem on very steep climbs when cold. I have adjusted it - not sure how often required but if it's every race it'll have to go.

The 450 is for trail riding, rallies or any easy open going enduros. I'm well impressed with the 450's ability. Although it's heavy it doesn't feel it when changing direction. But I think the weight & power would tire me in a tight woods enduro.

Last edited by iancp5; 03-11-2009 at 11:12 AM.