Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Ride Reports

Ride Reports Tell us all the gorey details!

Old 04-19-2011, 10:05 AM

Default NEPG - Westpoint

Saw lots of gassers last weekend at the national. The results page lists 24 GG's out of 366 finishers. 10 in A, 9 in B and 5 in C. Didn't get to visit with anyone as we were huddled around the fire all night and started early on row 9.

What a course! Maybe my all time favorite out of 4 years of doing enduros. They actually made this one tough and 3" of rain Friday night added even more difficulty. Loved the hill climbs and decents even though a couple of downhills and 90 degree turns at the bottom were pretty sketchy.

The 300 is now dialed in! After letting SoPro work on the suspenders and getting the jetting sorted out, I now have no complaints with this bike. As others have mentioned my gas mileage has gone up considerably after break in and lowering the float height. I ran out of gas at Sumter after 33 miles, but did 36 before the gas stop Sunday with plenty to spare. Finished 39th overall B out of 123, 8th in class. Not my best day result wise, but I was having to much fun to care.

I learned something interesting during the race. My starter stopped working after center punching a tree. Turns out the headlight plug bent and lost connection. I guess the starter switch and the headlight share a ground. I didn't find it until after the race, but maybe that tip will come in handy for one of you guys.

Old 04-20-2011, 12:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robby45 View Post
Saw lots of gassers last weekend at the national. The results page lists 24 GG's out of 366 finishers. 10 in A, 9 in B and 5 in C. Didn't get to visit with anyone as we were huddled around the fire all night and started early on row 9.

What a course! Maybe my all time favorite out of 4 years of doing enduros. They actually made this one tough and 3" of rain Friday night added even more difficulty. Loved the hill climbs and decents even though a couple of downhills and 90 degree turns at the bottom were pretty sketchy.

The 300 is now dialed in! After letting SoPro work on the suspenders and getting the jetting sorted out, I now have no complaints with this bike. As others have mentioned my gas mileage has gone up considerably after break in and lowering the float height. I ran out of gas at Sumter after 33 miles, but did 36 before the gas stop Sunday with plenty to spare. Finished 39th overall B out of 123, 8th in class. Not my best day result wise, but I was having to much fun to care.

I learned something interesting during the race. My starter stopped working after center punching a tree. Turns out the headlight plug bent and lost connection. I guess the starter switch and the headlight share a ground. I didn't find it until after the race, but maybe that tip will come in handy for one of you guys.
Robby,
Where did you find a tree to hit at WP? LOL! That was a pretty tight race, huh? I really enjoyed it. I was on row 60 and was worried that the course would fall apart but it was still really good even back there. The best section was the last one, number 6. It had a really good flow and a lot of variety. Good job on your finish. The competition at the national enduros has really gotten tough!
Clay
Old 04-21-2011, 10:35 AM

I had friends on row 84 and they said it had gotten pretty rutted up by then. On row 9 we had a few deep ruts but nothing really out of the ordinary for an enduro. My only real issue was the slimey pine needle sections. You'd of needed a studded tire to get through there cleanly. Thats were I took the digger.

Didn't ride section 6. They told everybody at the rider's meeting it was a AA section and not to ride it if we didn't have to. I should have know better, I think they say that just to get to slower guys out of the pro's way for a section. I was probably back at the truck having a natural light while you were going through there and that suited me fine.