Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:05 AM

Default 2013 rad braces

I tried to fit the EE radiator braces to my new 300...they seem to be a bit short in width. Anyone else had this problem? I've e-mailed EE to see what I'm doing wrong, but from what I can tell from the photos in their instructions...I'm doing it right (haven't heard back yet from them...but it's only been a few hours).

It is a bit concerning that the package said for 07-12 bikes, but its the same part number as their site lists for the 2013.

See photos below of the issue. It looks like the top and bottom radiator pieces have larger 'crimps' that are making the braces a bit short in the width.

First pic is with the outside plate bolted on the rear and you see it won't reach the rod on the front.

Second pic is the outside plat bolted to the rod on the front and you can see the rear brace hole is off by a few mm.

Thanks for your help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0144.jpg (82.4 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0153.jpg (89.5 KB, 56 views)

Old 05-28-2013, 06:55 PM

I ran into this, trying to remember exactly what it was... Make sure the aluminum washer is in between the frame and the radiator guard. I believe that is what it was. I can probably get pictures if needed.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motobrew View Post
I ran into this, trying to remember exactly what it was... Make sure the aluminum washer is in between the frame and the radiator guard. I believe that is what it was. I can probably get pictures if needed.
Thanks for the reply, yes, the spacer is between the bike frame and the rad brace...as the photo instructions show. It looks like either EE had a bad batch that are cut too short or the rubber radiator bushing is thicker on the 2013. I think if I cut down the rubber bushing it might fit, but I don't want to modify the stock mounting...it should be a bolt on guard.

I'm still waiting to hear a response from EE from my email inquiry this morning. My dealer has a call into them too.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:30 PM

Default unabiker

Had similar issues on another brand of bike with the EE stuff. I ended up putting on Unabiker rad guards. Wow! what a nice set of guards
Old 05-28-2013, 08:25 PM

I swear there was something I had to do that didn't seem to be called out in the directions. Unfortunately I won't be able to look at it until tomorrow night. I will try to post up some pictures tomorrow night. Hopefully EE will get back to you before then.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:17 AM

I bought Meca Sytems rad braces & they list different part no.s for the 07 - 09 bikes to the 12/13 braces. The rads may be slightly different.

Robs.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robszombie View Post
I bought Meca Sytems rad braces & they list different part no.s for the 07 - 09 bikes to the 12/13 braces. The rads may be slightly different.

Robs.
You are correct. The 12/13 radiators are wider then the previous years.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnr View Post
Thanks for the reply, yes, the spacer is between the bike frame and the rad brace...as the photo instructions show. It looks like either EE had a bad batch that are cut too short or the rubber radiator bushing is thicker on the 2013. I think if I cut down the rubber bushing it might fit, but I don't want to modify the stock mounting...it should be a bolt on guard.

I'm still waiting to hear a response from EE from my email inquiry this morning. My dealer has a call into them too.
I have the EE guards on my 2012 xc 300.
But I also have aftermarket Myler Radiators. The fit was very tight. In order to get mine to fit I had to sand down the welds on the radiator. But this is something you cannot do with the OEM Rads.

I would return your guards and get ones that are made for the 12/13 dimensions....

I do know that the Scorpion ones fit. The owner there is aware of the dimension changes and makes the correct guards for your bike.
The Meca ones look great but expensive if you can't find them here in the US.

Plus there are many options.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:35 PM

The Scorpion braces are excellent, very stout, especially with the added grills. The Unabiker parts that we put on my buddy's '12 are also a very good fit.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:26 PM

Thanks for the reply's. I just got a reply a few minutes ago to my inquiry through the EE web site on Monday...asking for the photo's I told them I had.

My dealer, who ordered them from EE, spoke with them this morning and they claim Alan (owner of EE) can tell me how to make them fit. My dealer gave them my number.

Knowing, as I do from research on this forum (thank you all), that the radiators at the very least changed vendors in 2012, I am surprised that EE list them to fit all bikes.

I'll see what they have to say, but I'm not modifying the stock mounting and really don't want to have to do fab work on a $100 bolt on item.

I'll most likely end up sending them back and buying the Scorpion (now Emperor).

I'll post up what I hear from EE when I hear their 'solution'.