Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 12-02-2014, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Jan bought a 250, so the intake is shorter by the thickness of the intake spacer and gaskets on your 300.
Mine just touches with no weight on the bike with the spacer removed.

Old 12-03-2014, 04:20 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by arminhammer View Post
With exchange shipping and taxes that's what it cost to get to Canada. I'm not bitter just would like to have it work correctly that's all. Watch the video that thing is super fat as he rolls on the throttle. In tight single track that right where you are at most of the day. Can't go fast if the bike falls on its face as you roll on out of a slippery corner.
Make sure your air boot is not rubbing on the spring it's a real close on my Beta 300.
Without being jaded or bitter myself.. I concur!

My billets who knows where.. I sent it to the other side of the country and haven't even been bothered to chase up if my mates been interested in trying it or not? I haven't missed it at all.. why? Because of that off idle richness.

I heard the same thing in the video as he rolls on for the last pull. I also had some questions regarding the air fuel ratio. Watch it stray from its ideal as the pull is done. Seems all the focus was on a good idle, and less so on part throttle performance.

Just my thoughts.
Old 12-04-2014, 03:47 PM

Angry

Well I spent the summer with a cast carb on my 2010 ec 250 mostly stock just canon slip on, and cylinder cut down running 185 psi. I will say it did take sometime to get my bike dialed in plus I rode my bike In some really dusty conditions with the filter not sitting right . anyways once I got that straighten out. I was getting a little frustrated, because I could get the bike to run fine but I could not get rid of a little miss in mid range. which I could always tune out with jetting on my old carbs. I then started to tune my PV to the carb ended up with two washers and one of the needle bearings. I am very happy with my SC now very smooth power through out the full rpm range.
Old 12-04-2014, 06:24 PM

I had the SC on my high-mileage '11 GasGas 250 Six-Days before it suffered an unrelated catastrophic event. Then I bought a '14 Beta 250 from Mr. Beane. I rode 30 miles with the stock 36mm Keihin to establish a benchmark. The bar was set high. I've never ridden a bike jetted that well out of the crate.
Initially the SC was too lean for the Beta in higher rpm's. After consulting with Corey, he swapped to a richer rod. All is good. I've never used my kicker! Starts immediately cold or hot with few exceptions. Smooth idle & smooth power from bottom to top. I'm getting about 40 miles of trail out of the tank before I switch to the Beta's huge reserve. My air boot & spring do make contact but are not showing any wear after almost 20 hours of riding.
Old 12-04-2014, 09:27 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

40 miles? That sure doesn't seem like a lot. Are you on the pipe the whole time?
Old 01-07-2015, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arminhammer View Post
With exchange shipping and taxes that's what it cost to get to Canada. I'm not bitter just would like to have it work correctly that's all. Watch the video that thing is super fat as he rolls on the throttle. In tight single track that right where you are at most of the day. Can't go fast if the bike falls on its face as you roll on out of a slippery corner.
Make sure your air boot is not rubbing on the spring it's a real close on my Beta 300.
13.1 is not super fat for tip in. I'm forever amazed at the trained ear that can tell mixture from a video. I do this every day and I can't tell anything from a video speaker, especially filmed inside a building. Anyway, we are here to help. I will pay for your shipping back to Canada if you want to send your carb in and let us have a look at it.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Without being jaded or bitter myself.. I concur!

My billets who knows where.. I sent it to the other side of the country and haven't even been bothered to chase up if my mates been interested in trying it or not? I haven't missed it at all.. why? Because of that off idle richness.

I heard the same thing in the video as he rolls on for the last pull. I also had some questions regarding the air fuel ratio. Watch it stray from its ideal as the pull is done. Seems all the focus was on a good idle, and less so on part throttle performance.

Just my thoughts.
Jake, drag that carb back from your mates and send it over and let me fix your modifications. The carb tested in the video was new right out of the box just like you would receive it. With one exception. I hadn't already set it like one I would ship, so I could walk people through the process, plus it was breaking in as we were tuning, something we don't normally do at the same time. Understanding few if any have instruments by which to go by it comes down to sound, idle quality and experience with knowing the difference between lean and rich. Without some prior tuning experience it is difficult for people to understand which direction to go in. If you have suggestions of a better way to communicate those distinctions please let me know and I will incorporate that into the trouble shooting videos.
Old 01-07-2015, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
40 miles? That sure doesn't seem like a lot. Are you on the pipe the whole time?
With the Keihin and OEM jetting, the most I could squeeze out of the Beta tank before I hit reserve was 32 miles, 20% less than my worst tankful with the SmartCarb on the bike.
Old 01-17-2015, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreyd View Post
13.1 is not super fat for tip in. I'm forever amazed at the trained ear that can tell mixture from a video. I do this every day and I can't tell anything from a video speaker, especially filmed inside a building. Anyway, we are here to help. I will pay for your shipping back to Canada if you want to send your carb in and let us have a look at it.
Just saw this. I will send it on Monday.
Old 01-18-2015, 05:21 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreyd View Post
Jake, drag that carb back from your mates and send it over and let me fix your modifications. The carb tested in the video was new right out of the box just like you would receive it. With one exception. I hadn't already set it like one I would ship, so I could walk people through the process, plus it was breaking in as we were tuning, something we don't normally do at the same time. Understanding few if any have instruments by which to go by it comes down to sound, idle quality and experience with knowing the difference between lean and rich. Without some prior tuning experience it is difficult for people to understand which direction to go in. If you have suggestions of a better way to communicate those distinctions please let me know and I will incorporate that into the trouble shooting videos.
Thanks for the offer Corey. I'll see where mines at. Might even start having a play again on the old bikero (or maybe the new one).