Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-03-2016, 03:32 AM

Default Engine overheating and smoking a lot ?

It only happens for the first half of the day/ride, the engine is overheating and on some difficult hill climbs it smokes a lot. The smoke has a strange smell to it, gray in color (it's definitely not the pre-mix, i'm sure of that).

Does not loose gear box oil or cooling fluid, at least not noticeable after a few rides (aprox. 7-10 engine ours).

It's getting worse and worse after each ride, this last ride we did the clutch started to squeak and it never did that (i did not change the gear box oil, so it doesn't have anything to do with it i suppose).

The PV will not open if the engine is not hot, it's strange because it used to open any time, now it only opens after 10-15 minutes of riding time (i always warm the engine 5 minutes before a ride). Before that it makes strange noises, like a box of nails or smth. This issue might not be related to the overheating tough.

It all started when once, i forgot to remove the exhaust plug while warming the engine for a ride, so the engine had run with the plug in for 30s/1minute before i realized what happened.

Maybe it's a gasket/seal somewhere that broke while running the engine with the exhaust plug in ? Witch one would it be ? Where do i look for wear and tear ?

p.s. it never happens after the "lunch break", we usually stop half way on a ride to eat and it never has the described symptoms after that