Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 10-25-2019, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barossi73 View Post
Hey it is only a 200! Lol
But heres a good starting point,
pilot 40,main 175,suzuki needle NECH #3,0-500m NZ
Needles are $20
NEDH will give you a half clip leaner (#2) or richer (#3) if your altitude/humidity is different
This! And if it doesn't react to a fully closed AS, whatever pilot jet is in there, it's time to take the carb out. Clean it thoroughly, check float height and needle valve then put everything together with above mentioned jetting. Set AS to 1.5 turns out as a starting point. Ride and see what it does.

It will never bee a torque monster though.

Old 10-25-2019, 10:41 AM

Thank you for the many suggestions. I did check the current pilot (38) and it is clean. I will pick up a couple of larger pilot jets to see if they help make a change with the Air Screw setting. If not I will take the carb off and look at the float setting. I may also consider the flywheel weight if that help at lower speeds. It is the XC so that may help. But I will figure out the air screw setting issue first. I will update with what I find out with the bigger pilot size tests. Thanks again.
Old 10-26-2019, 05:48 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

One other thing I'd check is the idle screw. Make that it is not turned in so far that the pilot and air screw circuits are by-passed.

It's possible the previous owner kept turning up the idle to overcome some other problem he may have been having, either real or imagined.

RB
Old 10-27-2019, 11:01 PM

Update- I put in a 40 pilot and if I turn the Air Screw in all the way it will kill the bike. So I backed it out about 1 turn. I can't really ride it around my neighborhood so I will take it out in the next week to see how it does climbing and lugging. I did purchase a JD jet kit and currently have it with the red needle set clip from the top with a 172 main. I will test that out and see how it goes after getting a little bit of time riding it rather than loops in my driveway. I'll update with what I find out. Again thanks for the input and suggestions.
Old 11-11-2019, 07:20 PM

Update-Took the bike riding this past weekend. With the current settings it ran good. Thanks for the suggestion.

40 pilot
172 Main Jet
JD Red Needle 2nd from top.