Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Ride Reports

Ride Reports Tell us all the gorey details!

Old 07-02-2016, 01:57 AM
Super Moderator

Default Pony Express Mossman 2016

Tried my hand at racing for the 1st time a couple weeks back. Great day in the saddle. Tight little 11km loop through creek beds and rainforest, and rain that morning made it something else! Been a bit busy with life so didn't have much seat time prior.. have not had any since.. nor have I had the chance to spend much time on the forums!

I miss it all!

Ended up 4th out of 11 teams in our class which I thought was OK given the conditions. Obviously some room for improvement there too.

Short video posted by someone else. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbX52YzfbYc

I'll try get some pics up when I can.

Old 07-03-2016, 07:49 AM

Can't believe that was ya first pony mate! They're grouse fun. I got 5 booked in for the coming 3 months with potential for a 6th. Ironman all the way mate for Max bike time n fitness(beats runnin or gym!). Despite wat everyone says every bloke has that competitive streak in em n wen the gate/flag drops or gun goes off it's on!!!
Old 07-03-2016, 11:42 AM
Super Moderator

I agree Craig! I was tossing up Ironman/teams leading up to it and would have been happy to do either. The small loop was pretty brutal through the rainforest and even with minimal seat time the bike sustained more bumps and bruises and I was more phsyically drained and sore following that I would be riding our usual loops covering 3 times as many kms.

She was great fun though! At the end of it all I think I'm more competitive in that I didn't get the red mist and need to be any faster than anyone else.. but looking at my lap times I know I could have shaved a fair whack of time off most of them. Not one of my better days for sure.. but still seat time and still ace!

6 in the next 3 months!! I'll be happy if I can ride that many times. Hahah