Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 09-04-2011, 10:40 AM
Banned

Nato,
You didn't say where you're from but here in the east we add a 50 tooth rear sprocket.
Clay

Old 09-04-2011, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Did you have your forks revalved? I've been running stockers so far. Bit firm and could use a few mms less oil in them but otherwise very predictable and compliant.

As everyone has said, these bikes don't need much at all.

Set suspension for your weight (sag etc.)
Rad braces/guards/Bash plate/Pipe Guard
Rejet for elevation and conditions (especially if stock)

Then down the track consider head work with first top end and suspension revalve once broken in and evaluated.
Yeah mate suspension is being tuned now. Not real happy with the slowish rebound on front forks so a revalve, spring preload and slightly heavier wt oil is the go.

The rear was a problem, found out no gas in the rear shock. Certainly explains a few things for sure.

Getting it back this Friday so can't wait to test it out - suspect the changes will make a world of difference!!
Old 09-04-2011, 11:31 PM

From rockhampton in queensland australia.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:45 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Sorry to go alittle off thread Nato but- to all 2010 EC300(not race or 6 day) owners with the sachs red forks- were your stocks forks really that bad? There seems to be a huge variation in the forks.Mine are pretty good since I had them serviced, 5wt oil 110mm level.Maybe a bit harsh on compression so could remove some oil .Although I haven't ridden something amazingly good to compare it too.Just curious about the mixed feedback & comments.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg3 View Post
Sorry to go alittle off thread Nato but- to all 2010 EC300(not race or 6 day) owners with the sachs red forks- were your stocks forks really that bad? There seems to be a huge variation in the forks.Mine are pretty good since I had them serviced, 5wt oil 110mm level.Maybe a bit harsh on compression so could remove some oil .Although I haven't ridden something amazingly good to compare it too.Just curious about the mixed feedback & comments.
I am running the 48mm sachs and I think they do need a revalve for sure. They also come with a slightly shorter spring for some reason so need a little preload. My forks were OK for the first 500 or so km's then went to crap.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGEvo View Post
I am running the 48mm sachs and I think they do need a revalve for sure. They also come with a slightly shorter spring for some reason so need a little preload. My forks were OK for the first 500 or so km's then went to crap.
How much preload are you adding to the fork springs?
Old 09-05-2011, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasGas View Post
How much preload are you adding to the fork springs?
I'll let you know the exact amount when I get it back from the tuner. He is trying different settings to get the optimum.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg3 View Post
Sorry to go alittle off thread Nato but- to all 2010 EC300(not race or 6 day) owners with the sachs red forks- were your stocks forks really that bad?
to be honest, mine were fine. they took a while to break in, but after about 20 hours were good enough stock that i could live with them - i weigh about 195 geared up, prefer woods to whoops, middlin' b rider.

in terms of "must have" items, i'd say skidplate and handguards and jetting and call it good. everything after that is window dressing. that said, mine has somehow ended up with the following:

cycra handguards
hyde skidplate/pipe guard
pivot pegs (i was curious...)
watchdog enduro computer
ohlins 2.1 steering damper
ohlins ttx fork cartridges (i know i said the forks were fine, but these puppies are like riding in silk pajamas, and i got an offer i couldn't refuse)

the stock rear tire is done, and it's time for something nice and meaty. other than that, i'm thinking about a bigger tank, or at least a gas cap that doesn't drool so much. nothing else left to do but ride and smile...
Old 09-05-2011, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nato View Post
From rockhampton in queensland australia.
I'd almost be closest conditions and geo wise being in FNQ. Alot of the must haves come down to the conditions you ride, what you're willing to replace, and your own rider skill.

For me I skimped on the hand guards and have wrapped my knuckles a few times but no broken levers. Rad guards/braces are cheaper than new rads and the unsuspecting ninja log is all it takes to bring one undone. Bash plate is cheaper than a set of cases and alot less work to fix. Jetting will bring fuel consumption into line and make the bike more enjoyable to ride. I bought a pipe guard because I'd never owned a 2 stroke and didn't know how much time it would spend standing upright. I figure a new pipe will fit back in there later aswell.

Thats how I justified myself.. You just have to ask yourself what you think you need The bike will run just fine straight off the floor. Everything after thats making it 'your bike'
Old 09-05-2011, 07:46 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

This seat: