Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:34 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
just saw very fat legs sticking out and a bad rocking motion
That is funny!!!!!!!

I took a wrong turn out at Breezy Hill many years ago riding with Clyde Lemmons, so I cut across the forest to pick up the trail again. There was a log b/t me and Clyde, as I was lofting the front end up, something shiney blue moved on top the log. As my rear wheel was hitting the log I realized it was a huge effing snake!!! Like 6 ft long and 3-5 inches in diameter with a bright blue sheen. Man, in mid air I lifted my feet up to the bars and pinned it. Probably looked like I was riding a bucking bronco. It freaked me out. Much worse than the Sasquatch, because I was right on it. Sasquatch was about 100ft away. Anyhow, I later found out that the snake is called a "Blue Indigo" and they get large. No Shit they get large!!!! Getting chills thinking about it. I've never seen another one, but I'm on the look out everytime I cross a log since that day!!!!

The other snake story that I wasn't a witness to, but was told about was that my buddy Paul was riding lead and a snake was in the middle of the trail. He sort of freaked when he ran over it and roosted the snake around the neck of the guy riding behind him. Dude freaked and let go of bars to fight the snake and the bike ghosted off into the woods in 4th gear. I'm pretty sure I would have just died right there on the trail. Matter of fact, I'm positive I would have died.

Keep these stories coming. Very entertaining.

Current ride: 2009 WR450

Previously owned: 12 Gas Gas XC300R, 06 WR450, 06 YZ250, 05 Gas Gas EC250, 05 KTM 450EXC, 02 KX250 w/EG310 kit, 03 YZ250F

Old 09-08-2011, 10:11 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

we were stopped at a natural spring here one day, which is now dry.. but anyway.. there was a dad and his son there.. here early am rides include spider webs across some trials..
the dad said he was riding along, going thru some webs.. them he looked up and a spider was on his goggles.... he said it was like aracnaphobia.. it moved on his goggles, then crawled into his helmet..
the kid took over the story at this point , we were all laughng pretty hard, as he told of his dad bailing on the bike and screaming like a little girl..
Old 09-08-2011, 10:20 PM

Come up on a sign in a hard cross country that said "Cow Jump'', then about 50m down the track is a dead cow on its side, bloated to twice normal size with all 4 legs pointing in the air. Also, a swarm of flies and a very horrid smell.

We sometimes ride in the mining area which we shouldn't really be in, the tracks are maintained by the mining company so there's one decent main track. We have sometimes come across miners on some of the gnarly side tracks who have been in these hills for weeks on end, and they look so happy to see people, we would sit down and have a chat for a while with these guys. Its pretty bizarre seeing people in the middle of no where camping by themselves.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:46 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I love these stories. I think the thread should be renamed strangest things though, not scary things. Most scary moment for me was wide open, sixth gear at the China Hat ISDE 2002 when my left crank bearing siezed and I almost went over the bars because I was standing, leaned way forward over the bars. My feet came off the pegs, I saved it by pulling in the clutch. Still, the heart rate was elevated for a few minutes after that.
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 09-09-2011, 05:46 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Spiders, I was that was a random thing. Where we ride in the fall, the banana spiders are all over the trails. these things are as big as your hand when there legs are out...they are not supposed to be poisonous, but having three or four of those things on your chest and helmet is just not right. Yech!
Breaking more things by 8:00AM than most people break all day.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:59 PM

We have a nice little trail along side of the highway a few minutes from down town. It follows a pipeline route and has a fire access road on the other side. Great spot for a trail as it does not bother anyone and the walkers tend to stay over on the fire road. One fine day some buddies were riding out the pipeline trail and noticed a red cooler on the side of the trail. Seemed odd but they continued on their ride up the trail. At the end of the trail they happened upon some guys on 4 wheelers. Come to find out the 4 wheeler guys stopped and looked in the cooler to discover our finest provincial OHV enforcement officers waiting in the bushes for them. They were checking for registration and insurance ( required in these parts for OHV's). I guess it was too awkward for them to just stand on the side of the trail and ask you to stop. It so happens I sit on the OHV enforcement committee as the representative of our trail Association. Every spring I ask what color cooler they will be using this year. I don't think they like the question and never seem to have an answer.
Old 09-10-2011, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit9 View Post
That is funny!!!!!!!

I took a wrong turn out at Breezy Hill many years ago riding with Clyde Lemmons, so I cut across the forest to pick up the trail again. There was a log b/t me and Clyde, as I was lofting the front end up, something shiney blue moved on top the log. As my rear wheel was hitting the log I realized it was a huge effing snake!!! Like 6 ft long and 3-5 inches in diameter with a bright blue sheen. Man, in mid air I lifted my feet up to the bars and pinned it. Probably looked like I was riding a bucking bronco. It freaked me out. Much worse than the Sasquatch, because I was right on it. Sasquatch was about 100ft away. Anyhow, I later found out that the snake is called a "Blue Indigo" and they get large. No Shit they get large!!!! Getting chills thinking about it. I've never seen another one, but I'm on the look out everytime I cross a log since that day!!!!

The other snake story that I wasn't a witness to, but was told about was that my buddy Paul was riding lead and a snake was in the middle of the trail. He sort of freaked when he ran over it and roosted the snake around the neck of the guy riding behind him. Dude freaked and let go of bars to fight the snake and the bike ghosted off into the woods in 4th gear. I'm pretty sure I would have just died right there on the trail. Matter of fact, I'm positive I would have died.

Keep these stories coming. Very entertaining.
Blanco aren't you a bug/pest guy? Your scared of snakes? WTF? LOL Billy ain't scared of snakes!
Old 09-10-2011, 07:13 AM

I don't have no cool stories like you guy's do. But I do have one from a few weeks back that scared the chit out of me. Gasgasman(Girard) and I were riding a few weeks ago. The heat here has been bad. Anyway we went for a short loop in the afternoon. A few miles into the loop we ran into a huge downed tree. I started feeling tingly all over. Started seeing spots.

Rode the fire roads back to the truck. Ended up being a small case of heat stroke. This is the 1st time it has happened to me in 7 years of riding. Scary to say the least.
Old 09-10-2011, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomhauer View Post
Ended up being a small case of heat stroke. This is the 1st time it has happened to me in 7 years of riding. Scary to say the least.
Reminds me of my first Hare Scramble. I roll up to the halfway check and ask "Am I supposed to be cold right now?"
"No, you aren't. Sit down over there. You want a burger?"
Old 09-10-2011, 09:58 AM
Banned

Kind of unrelated but still a funny story. About 10 years ago a dealer told me this story. He had three guys who started coming into his store to buy basic off road parts. Two of them had XR400s and one had an XR250. As he got to know them, he asked them if they had ever raced before. They told him they hadn't. He told them there was an enduro coming up nearby soon and he started explaining the enduro rules. When he told them they you were supposed to average 24 mph, they laughed and one of them said he could almost run 24 mph. So come race morning they show up. The dealer is walking by their truck and he sees that one has a video camera and is taping the other two. They don't see him and he hears one of them telling the camera how they plan to win this stupid race where you only have to go 24 mph.
After the race the dealer goes to see them again. Two are practially passed out from exhaustion and the other can hardly talk. The dealer asked how they did and they tell him they had never done anything that hard in their lives. He says "Well don't feel bad. At least you finished, right?" The guy says "No! We didn't even finish the first section!"
The dealer told me that they were a bit more humble the next time they came into his store!