Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:56 AM

Default You got to be kidding me......

I'm officially starting my rant.... This is an enduro bike so how come my tail light is full of mud and failing. Take the fender apart pull the light there is two screws to take the cover off and viola they glue it on. Stupid cover is broke ....I might be responsible..I'm willing to admit that. But the greatest part is the stupid light is 70.00. Someone tell me they have had this problem because quality is hitting the toilet for me on this one. Probably no chance of aftermarket either hell I can replace the whole fender and tail light on my Kdx for 53.00. Grrrrrrrrrrrr. Ok so lets make a list. Fails...pipe has leak at welds where it mounts in the middle(gasgas warranted part) Thank god. Next we all know the stock clutch cover is worthless leaking oil 2nd time out. Gas cap leaking. Airbox is a screen door. Bike spooges like a king right from the factory. Oooook im done I feel better... The sad thing is I love this bike but I must say I have never had to work on a bike so much right from the get go.

STREET_ GTR 1400 (The Connie)
93 KDX 200 (Katie)

Old 03-07-2013, 02:23 PM

I'll agree with that last comment, and I've had a few GGs. My buddy just got his '12 and I told him don't even ride it until we go through it. Lights though, never had one that was water tight without preventative measures. $70 is stupid $$ and I'd find an alternative, is that the real price or what was listed on GF site? Those prices are not always accurate. For my '07 I used an LED side marker trailer light, fit and worked perfect. Lap the clutch cover on a glass plate with #240 paper until flat, dress gasket with ThreeBond and its fixed, ignition cover too. Spooge is the Stealth's fault, just too big.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:42 PM

Napa makes an LED light for about $4.

PlusOnePerformance
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 03-07-2013, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onespeed View Post
I'm officially starting my rant.... This is an enduro bike so how come my tail light is full of mud and failing. Take the fender apart pull the light there is two screws to take the cover off and viola they glue it on. Stupid cover is broke ....I might be responsible..I'm willing to admit that. But the greatest part is the stupid light is 70.00. Someone tell me they have had this problem because quality is hitting the toilet for me on this one. Probably no chance of aftermarket either hell I can replace the whole fender and tail light on my Kdx for 53.00. Grrrrrrrrrrrr. Ok so lets make a list. Fails...pipe has leak at welds where it mounts in the middle(gasgas warranted part) Thank god. Next we all know the stock clutch cover is worthless leaking oil 2nd time out. Gas cap leaking. Airbox is a screen door. Bike spooges like a king right from the factory. Oooook im done I feel better... The sad thing is I love this bike but I must say I have never had to work on a bike so much right from the get go.
I'll swap ya, for my KX
Old 03-07-2013, 05:18 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I've had four Gas Gas. All of them have been mini projects right from the floor. The bike works well enough to make it ok in the end, but I'll agree, they've got a long way to go before you can just take it from the showroom, unload it at the riding area and spend a day riding... I did the exact same thing as above and replaced the taillight with an LED that I found that happened to fit and look factory. No further drama.

Currently am riding a KTM. It has been brilliant. The PDS pushed me away from KTM when they did that, and now I finally get along with a KTM again. It, of course, has a linkage.
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 03-07-2013, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhunter007 View Post
I'll swap ya, for my KX
I needed that! Since you have two gas gases in your man cave wanna swap me gas caps?
93 KDX 200 (Katie)
Old 03-07-2013, 06:48 PM

straight from Napa. Optronics part number MCL66RBP. I got my son a new 200 pumpkin. I have to say I'm pretty impressed. Personally, I think the PDS isn't like the early days. And it's less maintenance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tail light.jpg (89.5 KB, 90 views)
Old 03-07-2013, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVEV View Post
straight from Napa. Optronics part number MCL66RBP. I got my son a new 200 pumpkin. I have to say I'm pretty impressed. Personally, I think the PDS isn't like the early days. And it's less maintenance.
Thanks for the info napa here I come.
93 KDX 200 (Katie)
Old 03-07-2013, 08:36 PM
Banned

Don't sweat it, my tail light didn't work on my 12' either. Very cheap light. Replaced it with an El cheapo one on eBay and it has worked great.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:39 PM

Are the cheap lights from Napa dual element so you can maintain brake light function.