Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 04-05-2013, 08:57 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Default 2013 started smoking bulbs...

I grabbed the connector while the bike was running and I got bit pretty good. what the heck could this be? is there supposed to be a regulator inline that has gone TU, that would be my luck? I tried 2 bulbs and same thing, bright as hell, flicker, gone!

Breaking more things by 8:00AM than most people break all day.

Old 04-06-2013, 04:07 PM
Banned

My older Gasser did the same thing until I realized the PO removed the regulator. Picked up the adjustable reg from trail tech. Nice unit.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:22 PM

I noticed as I was headed out this morning that the 4pin plug going to the rectifier was unplugged. No to me one would thing that would fail to a safe mode and not send 50,000 Volts though the system and possibly the rider But I guess I just do things differently than spaniards
if anyone wants to test this, I will buy them a new bulb - LOL.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:21 AM

If I needed lights for more than tech inspection I'd just do a DC conversion and be done with it. Then you can add any reasonable accessory(GPS, etc.) you want without problems, and run LEDs.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
If I needed lights for more than tech inspection I'd just do a DC conversion and be done with it. Then you can add any reasonable accessory(GPS, etc.) you want without problems, and run LEDs.
I guess I was just surprised that they didn't run the power form the stator though the regulator first and then out to the rest of the bike... I know that they wired my ignition and kill buttons up backwards, I wonder if this was done also and should be looped though the rectifier first?
Old 04-08-2013, 01:23 PM

Ok, found my manual I think online... it does look like they run current from the stator unregulated to everywhere first, then the regulator/rectifier is last in the loop. I am not very good at reading these things, shoot that was 8th grade, killed a lot of brain cells since then. ok, going to have to edit this to include a link, can't upload all the pages that I have tried to print and upload are too big. brb.
Rob
I think mine is page #37, third one? it looks like by unplugging the plug from the rectifier, it allows unfilter power? is that right?

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B25s...it?usp=sharing
Old 04-09-2013, 10:27 AM

Keep in mind that voltage regulation is different than voltage rectification. Regulation is done anywhere in the system as it's only clipping maximum voltage. A simple method is to use a zener diode since it converts the extra energy into heat. It has a specific threshold voltage thus preventing your bulbs from burning out. Just replace your stock regulator (assuming the wiring is correct).

A voltage rectifier has definite input and output wiring. It changes AC to DC and thus does more work. It also performs voltage regulation. With rectification you have to be concerned about grounding (floating with full wave vs non-floating with half-wave).
Old 04-09-2013, 04:04 PM

LOL - didn't understand a word! Which do we have? 2013 EC 300 Race?
Old 04-09-2013, 05:48 PM

Page 36 and 37 are diagrams for estart bikes with a voltage rectifier. These are different from the non-estart bike that has only a voltage regulator as shown on page 35. What bike do you have?
Old 04-09-2013, 06:04 PM

I have an e-start 300 with a XXXX. I know the headlight runs fully off the stator, not the battery.
the stickers say EC300 Race but I have an ignition key - this is all so confusing. LOL