Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 09-08-2013, 12:47 AM

Default Mystery solved!! Must read!!!

I kinda pride myself at jetting so naturally when I got a 2010 ec300 a few weeks ago I started going threw it. First I adjusted the floats. And then the rest of the jetting. But for some reason the idle would hang a tad. Not a lean idle hang either. The carb was just bring very inconsistent no matter what. Even though the floats were set correctly it would dribble fuel at any angle more than the kickstand. So I used this trick. But it wouldn't seal all the time. That's when I noticed a few tiny pieces of clear plastic in the hole! It's clearly the plastic from the tank when the factory drills for the petcock! Problem solved. I also noticed the air screw was collecting dirt from fuel seeping out. So ill be replacing that too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgog_Ng0-2Q&sns=em

Old 09-08-2013, 02:13 AM

Wait.. How would they plastic pieces get past the filter in the tank, unless They are pieces of the filter. I'm gonna take the tank off and pull the petcock and see what's going on
Old 09-08-2013, 07:35 AM
Super Moderator

I think you'll find most of us run inline filters for this very reason

Glad its helped sort your issues out
Old 09-09-2013, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinittowinit View Post
Wait.. How would they plastic pieces get past the filter in the tank, unless They are pieces of the filter. I'm gonna take the tank off and pull the petcock and see what's going on
Stock fuel filter comes apart, happend to me found the sam plastic. Put on a 90* in line fuel filter and problem solved.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinittowinit View Post
There are a lot of GasGas tanks with the little filter flopping around in the bottom. It seems to be a 'not quite tight enough' fit on the fuel outlet pipe.
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters