Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 06-07-2012, 10:55 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Default Does a '07+ silencer fit a '05 ec 300?

Hi all, can someone please tell me if an aftermarket silencer for a newer model, e.g. fmf Q, would fit my 2005 ec? I can't find my desired silencer for my bike.
I' m able to make some minor modifications, probably on the mountings, but if the differences between them are large maybe it is not worth the trouble and money? And is an aftermarket silencer a really much better choice than a well-packed
well-sealed gasgas stock one? (hockey stick type )
I need your advice, gasgas people! thanks.

Old 06-07-2012, 11:42 AM

I believe that the the diameter of the connection is actually different between the 07+ and the 03-06. As much as I love my Q, a better bet would probably be a PC2 GF Link FMF025051 or the TC2 GF Link FMF025034.

The factory silencer is not particularly my favorite, seems awful restrictive.
Ortonville Minnesota
Old 06-07-2012, 12:02 PM

Hi djroggen, I myself as well prefer the Q over the TC2 and PC2. I haven't tried any of the three but as I read the Q is closer to my needs. But I cannot find one for my year model. Are the other two silencers really different in comparison with the Q regarding power delivery?
Old 06-07-2012, 12:49 PM

The bend of the inlet is different so no it will not bolt up. It will fit if you change to the '07+ subframe. Pipes/stinger dia is the same are the same(I have a spare pipe from an '05 for my '07). You can mod it to work by cutting/welding/bending the inlet to change the angle. Its been done here by member rpduc, do a search. Unless you really need the extra noise reduction go with the others as suggested. The Q is big like a 4stroke can and more likely to bend your subframe in a crash because it sticks out more. Also, from what I could tell whan I had one, it was definately quieter off the pipe, but at higher RPM seemed about the same as my TC2. I also have a GG/Messico silencer and TC2, and power seems the same with all three. I like the GG silencer, its small, light, quiet enough and tucks in well.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:22 PM

thank you GMP. So you'd suggest the TC2 or the PC2? What are the differences? I want smooth power delivery and the short type muffler isn't the way to go, correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not really after noise reduction. I also like the stock silencer. it's kinda ugly though...
Old 06-07-2012, 01:36 PM

The stock GG silencer on the US bikes in '07 was different, not a hocky stick type. All these silencers give a good delivery with the stock pipe, no big differences. If you need a spark arrestor get the FMF Turbine Core II (TC2), if not the Power Core II (PC2) is good. None are really short like some of the SX silencers. FMF calls these PC2 shortys I think, and they are not available for the GasGas anyway. I just don't like the Q due to its size, thats all. Its not a big deal, thay all work well, depends on what your needs are.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:21 PM

Great post, thank you so much, you made it clear for me.
I'll go probably with the turbine core 2 if I manage to find one for my model.
Alternatively I will repack and seal up my stock silencer with fresh goodies and see what that does. Cheers!
Old 06-08-2012, 06:11 AM

You can (if you prefer) shorten your stocker. Cut it about 25mm before the rear mount bracket.This will give you a little snap of the bottom.Ther is really nothing wrong with the stocker.If you dont require a spark arrestor dont get a silencer with one as they are shit.They are restrictive and you will have crap dripping out the end NO matter how well your bike is jetted .They are crap traps
Old 06-08-2012, 08:10 AM

Spooge traps yes, absolutely, another reason I prefer a straight silencer if an SA is not needed. I have not found the Krizman turbine type spark arrestors to be restrictive and affect power, as I said they all feel similar to me.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:06 AM

ok, now for the dumb question: what exactly is a spark arrestor? Does the fmf turbine core2 come with one? I just ordered one today..